Chapter 37 - What are you doing?

The insomnia was unbearable. Ariel tossed and turned relentlessly on her bed as disturbing memories of Leon touching her kept prancing in her mind that she could not sleep. His touch never failed to inject terror and tender excitement into her.

Excitement?! Get a grip!!

She lightly smacked her cheeks a few times to wake herself up from his magnetic charm. A while ago, she heard the sounds of shuffling feet and closing of the entrance door. She knew Leon had gone out.

Phew!

A few moments later, her phone rang.

"Martin! Hi!" she sounded elated. Why was he calling her so late in the night?

"Ariel! How are you?" he asked.

"I'm fine. And you?"

"I waited forever for you to call since you returned from your overseas trip, but you never did. You're cruel to me, you know?" he complained.

"So sorry, Martin. I planned to. But I got busy and was recovering from an injury."

"Oh? You got injured?" he sounded concerned. "You okay? What happened?"

"Yes, I'm okay, so I'm fine now," she was not keen to share the full details. "Anyway, I feel energised! It's so late at night. Aren't you going to sleep?"

"Sleep? The night's still young and I can't sleep. I can't stop thinking of you."

"Alright, alright. I'll try to meet you. We can meet-"

"Tonight," Martin finished her sentence.

"T-tonight?" Ariel raised her brows. "I don't think I can do tonight. It's so late."

"But you sound so awake! Bet you couldn't sleep too, right?"

"That's true," she nodded.

"And since you're not available on your off-days, which are Sundays, that means I can only meet you at night on the weekdays. I'll be returning back to New York next week. So, I want to see you tonight before I go. I'm holding on to that promise you made."

"Seems like I've no choice. Where shall I meet you then?"

Martin smiled, "Let's meet at the club. I wanna take you for a fun time."

"The club?!" she exclaimed. "B-but I don't do clubbing. Besides, it's been years since I stepped inside a club."

Ariel remembered the last time she stepped into a nightclub was when she was a student at Brimhill Culinary Academy. She and her classmates used to dance together, including with Darryl Crews. But clubbing was never her cup of tea, neither was she fond of such revelling atmosphere. Ever since she became a mother, clubbing became a thing of the past.

"Oh? Then you really should loosen up cos you work too hard!"

Ariel laughed, "My friend said the same thing too. Even if I wanted to go, I've nothing appropriate to wear."

"Don't worry. I have it all ready for you."

"W-what do you mean?" she gathered her brows together.

"My stylist will help you out. Meet me downstairs in 45 minutes. I'll be on my way to fetch you from your place."

"B-but-"

Martin hung up the phone before she could finish. What a strange fella! But oh well, she can't refuse him now and she did not want to be impolite. So, she took a quick shower and ready herself in casual wear, and went downstairs to wait for Martin.