Chapter 43 - Camila's Breakthrough

Ariel blinked her sleepy eyes twice at the text message on her phone.

Vinny: You'll be flying to LA tmr. Leon wants you there

It had been less than two weeks since he left. Couldn't he just let her know in advance instead of making stupid last-minute arrangements - just for once?

She typed back: How bout Andy? I can't leave him alone in the house.

No reply. Shaking her head, she took a shower and changed into her clothes. The sound of a new text message notification alerted her.

Vinny: Bring Andy along

Ariel: It's school term now. Unable to do so.

A few minutes later.

Vinny: The bodyguards will look after him. Leon wants you & Evan to come along

Ariel frowned at why Evan should attend this. He could just stay here and watch Andy as their burgeoning friendship led her to trust him more than the other bodyguards.

Ariel: Why Evan?

Vinny: Don't ask stupid qns. Straight order from the boss. The private jet will pick u guys up from the airport. C u in LA

Ariel: Alright. C u

Ariel did not like being accused as "stupid". Team Waltz can be really mean, like the boss. But what to do? After she is done, she can escape their madness! Ariel went to Evan in the living room to break the last-minute news to him.

"LA? Wow! Can't he inform us earlier? I was planning a walk to the beach with Imogen this weekend," complained Evan.

"What to do? You know the boss. We're his beck-and-call," Ariel shook her head.

——————-

The dystopian setting in the massive studio located in the suburbs of LA was so impressive that Ariel could not stop being amazed by the painstaking setup of Roman-style columns, grey spiral room sets hanging from the ceiling that resembled thorny-shaped cone lanterns at night, and water canals that ran through the whole set. It was like being in a whole new world altogether set against a green backdrop. Andy would have loved to see this if he were here.

Ever since she arrived, Leon was pleased to have his meals back and found himself better focused on his job. She was given a room next to his with her own kitchen at the luxury hotel, so that she could serve his meals at ease. This did not change his distant attitude towards her, but having Ariel around made him feel somehow at home and at ease.

Apart from preparing his meals, there was not much for Ariel to do in LA. So, during her breaks, she would explore LA. Today, Leon brought her to the acting studio and her services were required once again. 

He had a private, spacious two-storey trailer where he rested in between sets. The furnishing inside the trailer was grand and extravagant with premium finishings. There was a deluxe wall TV, Wi-Fi, a bathroom, a kitchen with a dining area, a living area and a bedroom at the second floor with a king-size bed. There was even gym equipment with a spacious open area where Leon could do his workout with the film's personal trainer. This grand trailer was part of his many diva demands for luxury before he flew over, and it was obvious that of all the trailers, Leon's trailer stood out the most.

Ariel would prepare his meals in his trailer while he worked. Some of the extra actors and actresses got excited when she came over, and begged for pictures and autographs, even trying to strike up a conversation with her. She thought it strange and funny, for she still never considered herself a celebrity. But, Ariel did not mind having a chat with them here and there, and they found her to be quite friendly and down-to-earth. It was nice meeting new people.