Sequel Sneak Preview

Hi all, 

First of all, so sorry for the delay that's going on with the sequel. So busy with work lately and I can only manage to squeeze time to continue the writing. Half-way there with the sequel. And I cannot thank you enough to those who have supported my first novel and have given your votes and comments.  I usually write the entire novel before publishing as I believe in the importance of planning the plots carefully to ensure a good story. Some of you have asked when it'll be ready and dying to know what happened next. I've decided to provide a short, sneak preview in one the chapters I have written. As this is my novel, I'll not be changing the plot. Thanks a lot and be assured I am working on the sequel just as hard.

------------------ SEQUEL SNEAK PEEK - NOT EDITED------------------

[....]

The dancers circled around Leon while he stood in the middle of the large platform that lifted them up to the stage. Screams from the crowd deafened the moment they appeared on stage and on two large illuminating screens on either side of the stage.

The music started and Leon began singing and dancing to the beats of his latest single. The fans screamed and cheered frantically, seeing their handsome star live in person after so long. Placards of love and adoration flashed from the crowd, while there were also some awful placard messages in the midst of them, but Leon ignored them and continued his performance.

Arnold was nodding and cheering for Leon - he was finally back!

Halfway through the music, just as he was performing his dance steps, the sharp pain in his upper abdomen returned, this time feeling much more painful than ever. Leon's singing voice broke and his dance moves jolted to a sudden halt. He placed his hand on the painful area while the music and his dancers continued.

Crying screams and jeers could be heard. Members of his entourage were getting worried.

"Com,on, com'on...don't do this to us now," Arnold begged in a panic behind his clasped hands. It would be another big blow to Avon.

Trying his hardest not to grimace, Leon continued his singing and resumed his dance steps despite the pain, with the crowd clapping and cheering for him once again.

Not long after a while, his head began to throb with pain, causing him to fall to his knees and cower as he pressed the pain in his upper abdomen. He then lifted up his head.

Standing so still and calm right in front of him on stage was a familiar face who smiled back at him without saying a word. She looked so elegant and calm. Was it really her?

"Ariel?" he whispered with wide eyes as he stretched out his hand to reach her.

What was he doing? Why did he suddenly call out her name which could be heard on the microphone attached to his face?

His unexpected reaction shocked everyone.

Not willing to risk another one of his erratic behaviours, Arnold grabbed the microphone piece from the sound engineer to speak to Leon through his earpiece, "What'cha doin' man? Focus! The song's almost finishing!"

Leon snapped from his dream and she vanished. His mind fell into a dizzying disarray as the sea of people, flashing lights, and the cacophony of screams and jeers started to dance around him.

The pain within him was excruciating that he took quick, short breaths to try to relieve it. Without warning, he suddenly coughed out blood and passed out on stage.

[....]

------------------ SEQUEL SNEAK PEEK - NOT EDITED------------------