Chapter 26 - Intrusion

Ariel's eyes popped at the pictures that Camila sent to their chat group. How in the world did the paparazzi discover that they were at Andy's birthday party? While there were no pictures of what happened inside the sports hub, the snapshots showed her stepping out of the place with Andy and Leon like a happy family. The worst part was the headline that suggested they were a couple. Ariel typed furiously on the screen.

Ariel: Oh, those LEECHES!!!

Camila: I can see in the pic half my leg out of the door LOL

Rita: Glad the rest of us are not in the pics. I'll kill them if they did!

Beth: Leon should have known better not to come at all

Ariel: Give him a break, will u? He just wants to experience normal life

Camila: Seems like you know him more than we do

Ariel: Of cos! He's my boss and housemate, and I understand first-hand how he feels as a celebrity

Beth: Yeah yeah yeah

Rita: But your star status is minuscule compared to his

Beth: Just tell him not to come near us anymore else the cameras will invade our privacy too

Rita: There's no need to get so worked up, Beth. He was fun to hang out with, actually. Anyway, let's not take the media too seriously

Ariel: I don't wanna be so mean to push him away from us...

Camil: Ooooh...seems like u're developing a soft spot for him 😏

Beth: He's Leon Waltz, for goodness sake! He doesn't need us. He has tons of other friends!

Ariel: But he enjoyed our company

Camila: I wouldn't mind being his friend LOL

Beth: ...

Rita: Still, wherever he goes, the media will follow.

[Silence]

Camila: Guys, I've got a GREAT idea! This is how we can dodge the media so that we can be left in peace if Leon's with us...

-------

"Eeew! There are girls in school trying to strike up to me now. It's disgusting!" Andy complained, his elbows resting on the kitchen island table with his hands cupping his face. Since the news of Leon Waltz appearing at his party, his popularity in school soared and many kids hoped to be quick friends. At the same time, Andy experienced other kids who came to hate him, sneering in jealousy at all the attention he was getting.

At least, the benefits of staying at the penthouse still outweighed that of staying at The Grand Tower. He got to be with mummy again, he had his own cosy room and the convenience of Rico fetching him to school every morning in a luxury car from among Leon's fleet, which made many kids assume that he was now rich, which was not the case. What's more, he was getting more attached to Leon, who joined him in building the Lego city along with his mother, played Xbox together and sometimes, swam together. Still, Andy hated the unnecessary attention he was getting.

"I'm sorry that you have to go through all these, sweetheart," comforted Ariel.

"I miss my life back then," he sighed, tapping on the mashed potato with his fork.

"So, do you wanna return to The Grand Tower?"

"No, no! Absolutely not! What I mean is, I miss it when I wasn't famous."