Chapter 28 - Change of Heart

The disguise was indeed a success, as no news of Leon's whereabouts on that day popped up in the media. It made him Leon much more confident in going out with the ladies and Andy, donning on a rotary of different disguises Camila prepared for him.

She was elated when he slapped a generous amount of cash in her hands, even though this was something she was doing out of fun and not as a job, but he insisted. Considering them as new friends he grew to like and trust, Leon finally gave Ariel's friends the approval to visit his house as and when they liked to meet him and Ariel, although they were still bound by his confidentiality clauses.

"What have you done to him lately? He seems like a different person," said Anna.

Since the outing, Leon had not brought home a single strange lady. Andy's seeking for his attention kept him away from spending time at the minibar and from the wild parties. Even Martin complained to Leon that he was not keeping his word to spend time with them as promised in their last conversation.

"Well, I introduced him to new friends, new activities, perhaps?" Ariel shrugged.

"Those girls? Oh, they're such nice people. Not like the stuck-up celebs that Leon hangs out with. Your Andy's such a loveable boy."

"Yup, he is," Ariel remarked proudly.

"You know what? From what I have observed," Anna added. "Leon actually likes you very much."

Ariel frowned in disbelief and confusion. Anna was the second person to say the same thing after Angel.

"Don't you too?" Anna chuckled and nudged Ariel with her elbow.

"That's not funny, Anna!" Ariel rolled her eyes. 

"I'm not joking."

"I'm not his type and he's not my type either, so eww," Ariel shook her head, having seen the kind of ladies the boss got acquainted with. 

"He just doesn't know how to express it to you because he hasn't been in love for years."

Ariel wasn't sure if Anna's words made sense. "Com'on Anna, he's not short of girls I see him bring home. Besides, he has millions of girls falling for him."

"That's not love, my dear. It's foolishness. It's lust. I'm old enough to have seen it all in my lifetime."

"But can you imagine being in the news constantly and having all these women throwing themselves at him? I'd go crazy if I were his girlfriend. Dating him? No way, not in a million years!"

"True," nodded Anna, "But if he needs a serious soulmate, I'd root for you. You're such a healthy influence on him."

Ariel slapped her forehead while Anna continued giggling at her expression.

Their conversation was suddenly disrupted by a loud cough behind them. Turning around, they noticed Vinny staring sternly at them with her hands folded from a distance. Anna quickly excused herself to resume her mopping while Ariel resumed her fruit tart decoration, embarrassed that Vinny may have heard them. 

The sound of her shoes approached closer...

"Yes?" said Ariel when she realised Vinny was standing before her.

"You're something, aren't you?" Vinny queried suspiciously.

"Mmm...what do you mean?" Ariel pretended to act clueless.

"Seducing the boss," Vinny smiled wryly.

"Oh! What makes you think I'd go this low to do that?" Ariel furrowed eyebrows, clearly agitated by such accusation.