Chapter 42 - The Hot Actress

The steak meal was not enough to satisfy him. He somehow missed her dishes, how they could miraculously fill his hunger and uplift his moods. Even though the meal in his hands was purchased from a high-end restaurant, he was not happy with the outcome.

Ariel's beef taste more tender and succulent than this junk!

Leon jabbed the fork into the tough steak and went back to reading the script. Even though it was not his first time working in movies, it was his first to get a lead role which he was promised a handsome sum. He needed to make sure he did not disappoint. He recited the same lines over and over, and each time he did, his mind trailed off to her smile, her face, her hands, her body...

He slammed the script down in frustration.

Focus...com'on, FOCUS! What's wrong with you? Isn't this what you wanted? To forget her and never hurt her again?

He poured himself another glass of whiskey and downed the drink. Stretching out his interlocking fingers, he gave a quick shake of his head to wake himself from his inner distractions.

Okay, here we go again.

Leon picked up the script and recited again, getting a hang of the lines...until her image stubbornly popped in his head once more. He grimaced and cursed at himself and plopped into the bed face down.

What was another best way to purge her out of his system?

The doorbell rang.

"Who's that?" he got irritated that his peace was disturbed and forced himself up to the door.

"It's me. Need help?" A beautiful lady with hazel eyes, shoulder-length wavy brunette hair and full pout in peach lipstick flashed a flirtatious smile. She was wearing high heels in tight jeans and a shoulder-less cream top, leaning her elbow on the door frame as she twirled her hair, her other hand resting on her hip.

"Jasmine, it's you. Yes I do, com'on in," Leon gestured her inside.

"Nice place," she darted her eyes around the massive 5-star hotel room that had its own indoor jacuzzi, a kitchen and a pool table. It was one of the grandest hotels in Beverly Hills.

"How's it going with your lines?"

"No problemo," she flashed an okay sign with a wink in her eye. "How about you?"

"I can't concentrate on my lines. Keep getting lost in the same place," he sighed.

"I can help you here. Let's see," she flipped through the pages of his script. "Shall we do the kissing scene first?"

"That one? I've not reached there yet. Still at the beginning."

"It'll help you relax if we do it first," she purred suggestively.

Leon could see through what she was thinking. As astonishingly good-looking as she was, he expressed no interest and was not looking forward to messing up work with lust like he did with Mia Marlene. He was sticking to his ethos of not mixing work with personal matters.

"No. I insist from the beginning. And don't think anymore of what this would lead to. I treat this professionally!" He replied curtly with folded arms.

Jasmine balked at his answer, "Fine. We'll start from the beginning. By the way, your jacuzzi looks quite cosy. Perhaps after working on the script, we could- "

"No," he remained unfazed with a flat look on his face.

Feeling defeated, Jasmine forced a smile and proceeded with the teamwork.

Despite his reputation as a womaniser, she was surprised to find that he was not easy as she had assumed. In her heart, she was already devising a plan to make sure the handsome superstar will fall for her charms and be hers.