Josh Dun- If Only I Listened.

Josh was my best friend for years, recently I started dating one of his close friends, he seemed to get more distant with both me and my boyfriend. He had told me a few thinks about him like how he'd cheated on girls in the past, and how he wasn't such a good guy. But I thought my boyfriend was amazing in all ways. He was sweet, caring, and constantly gave me attention.. well besides when he was working. I didn't exactly know what his job was but I never asked and he never told me so I guess it is my fault. But I'm still curious.

The other night I tried to message Josh since we hadn't talked at all, not a single message to or from the other in a week. I felt a bit bad so I figured I'd Say hi. No reply. There wasn't a reply for another few weeks.. but when there was I started to wonder why he would have said such things.

Josh: (Y/N).. I saw him with another girl.. it didn't seem like just friendship either..

(Y/N): josh.. wdym?

Josh: I don't want you to think badly of him.. but he was kissing her.. and they went into a nightclub together.. I just don't want you getting hurt

Josh: I really care about you..

(Y/N): josh idk what you mean you must've seen someone else. He'd never do that to me..

Josh: maybe you'll want to take a second look, (Y/N) I'm not joking around. I know it was him.

(Y/N): maybe you're just jealous.

Josh: Jealous of what??

(Y/N): .. seriously?

(Y/N): you're jealous cause I'm dating him and not you.

Josh: wtf. (Y/N).. I'm not jealous I'm trying to look out for you.. don't you get that? I've been your friend since we were 8.. and you're gonna say this now?

(Y/N): isn't that what always happens in the movies? The boy falls in love with his childhood friend..? But the love is unrequited..?

Josh: you're wrong! God, you think everything revolves around you but it doesn't! I regret any feelings I had for you in the past. I just want to see you happy but obviously you don't care about your own happiness so screw this! Screw all of this. I don't know why I even tried..

*Josh has blocked your number*

You sigh and set your phone down, quitting at this point and deciding to go to sleep, tears pricking at the rim of your eyes.

-time skip-

It had now been months, finally you had gotten your shit out of his house and broken up with him after you'd follow him to "work" which was actually another female's house.

You wanted to talk to Josh. To be able to tell him you were sorry. But he had you blocked on everything hell, you didn't even know if he was alive..

-Josh's point of view (night of the fight)-

After blocking her number I felt like I was about to throw up. I ran to the bathroom as quick as possible. I knew how I felt, I tried to forget so I didn't interfere but it hurt still and I couldn't take it much longer. As I kneel in front of the toilet, I throw up flower petals and blood, "Hanahaki.." I mumble to myself, "Shit.."

I only had a few months after that... at one point I was close to unblocking her, telling her I had very little time left due to Hanahaki disease. It was consuming me slowly but it was too late. I was rushed to the hospital and I had no way to tell her.. to tell her she was right.. and that I loved her. That's when the heart monitor made a continuous beep, one that wouldn't stop until my cold body was covered.

--

A/N: sorry if this is shitty >~< I promise I tried though! I really hope you guys enjoyed 💕💕 -Zoe

(PS imma do a full Hanahaki Disease chapter soon but should it be Tyler or Josh? Should Reader-Chan have it or one of the boys?? Please tell me I'm the comments x3 arigato!)