CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

Kurt's pov

--------

"Is that the new power couple I see?" questions Jeff with his boyfriend, Nick close behind. I smile and let go of Blaine's hand. I can't help but smile at them. I open my mouth about to speak but Blaine takes over first.

"We aren't dating yet, we want to take things slow so we don't screw anything up," He explains to the two boys holding hand gleaming with happiness for us. We continue to walk toward the cafeteria for a late lunch. As we enter the room, most of the Warblers are there discussing an upcoming competition. I grab some food from the lunch line and take my seat next to Blaine. I haven't cut in a while, I don't feel the need to anymore. I also started eating bigger meals. I have to give all the credit to Blaine though. He has been pushing me to be the better me and I finally feel happy. I snuggle up against Blaine as I listen to Wes and David argue about the opponents. I don't really care about what they say until a certain name perks my ears up. 

'New Directions'

"Wait, we are facing the New Direction?" I ask intruding their conversations. A few Warblers nod and some voice a 'yes' and 'I think so'. 

"So Kurt, are they good? You are like bestie-bestie with all of them." Wes asks I nod my head and swallow down a bite of my lunch. 

"They are amazing. Especially Rachel, that girl should be on Broadway by now. We have to step up our game if we even want to come close to beating them." I reply getting into the conversations. Blaine nudges my shoulder and I look toward him. He gives me a warm smile and I return a huge smile back to him. Sebastian enters the room and sits next to me. He looks rushed and is tensed. I look at him worriedly and tilt my head to wonder what's wrong.

"I have many tests today I can't stay long," He answered almost knowing what I was thinking. He grabs a bite on my food and I pout.

"Hey, I was eating that," I say sticking out my tongue at him playfully. A grin appears on his face until he glances down at his watch. His eyes go wide. 

"I'm late!" he screeches and practically sprints down the hall. I heard a teacher yell at him to slow down and I giggle to myself. I get back into the conversation with the rest of the table until I have to leave for a class. I kiss Blaine on the cheek and everyone at the table awed. I glare at them and add a playful 'oh shut up'. Blaine and I exchange a goodbye and I head off. 

--------

The last few classes felt like forever. I was in my chair ticking my pencil on my desk to the ticking on the clock. My hand has gone numb from my head resting on it for so long. Only a few more minutes then I could go to sleep. 

"Alright class, now before we dismiss, I'm giving you an essay to complete by next week." My English teacher announces gaining a groan from almost everyone in the class, excluding the nerds. Don't get me wrong, we don't judge at Dalton, but seriously why are they happy for an essay. It is horrendous. 

"Your essay should be about what you have learned in the past year, or have you have changed, It should be at least two pages. You are lucky I'm in a good mood or it would have been ten pages." The old lady says with a grin. "And please make it interesting for me to read." After that, the bell rang and everyone exited the room. 

I walked down the hall exhausted, but glad that I could finally get to my dorm and sleep. I arrive at the entrance of my room and saw it was slightly open. I push the door open wider to see Blaine working on some homework in his sweats. His hair soaked dripping down on my chair. He turns to see me and grins.

"You seem tired," He comments looking me up and down. I chuckle. 

"I'm exhausted and my stupid English teacher is giving us an essay to write. Ugh," I reply dropping my school bag and falling on my bed. Blaine shakes his head, with a smile on his face. 

"What?" I ask genuinely confused. 

"You make me so happy," He answers not taking his eyes on his homework. I try to hide my smile but I fail. I give him a quick hug and then set off to take a shower. 

After I am ready for bed and done with most of my homework I lay down in my bed. Blaine still hard at work in my chair by my organized desk. Jayden walks in and makes some small talk with Blaine as I plug my phone into its charger. 

"Are you going to back to your room?" I ask getting under my sheets. 

"Yeah in a minute," He responds.

"Alright," I yawn, "goodnight" My eyes getting heavier and heavier to the point where I can't keep them open. I snuggle up in my warm sheets and peacefully fall into a deep sleep

"Goodnight Kurt." He speaks quietly. 

-------

holy moly I wrote this chapter in like thirty minutes. that's a new record. I was really inspired to write another chapter. thanks to everyone who votes and comments. I really truly appreciate it. I love you all. Stay strong! Vote and comment!

~brooke xoxo❤️