ii. smile

❝Your tears keep falling but you wish for that person's happiness

❝Your tears keep falling but you wish for that person's happiness.❞ VIXX, Love Equation

JUNG YERIN & HWANG EUNBI

"so. . . what happened last night?" yerin looked up from her math homework and nodded as a sign of acknowledging her friend's presence.

"nothing."

"what do you mean nothing?" yewon asked, sitting in front of her and spreading her books and notepads in the cafeteria table.

"i fell on my bed. crashed into the bedside table." she lied. "my uhh. . . friend send me a jumpscare video. i had to go to her room to smack her head that's why i hung up."

(she may or may not have practiced her answer over and over her head earlier. . .)

yewon seemed to believe the story and said, "god, you're such a child sometimes, its probably just a simple jumpscare video yet you still got scared." she shook her head and sighed deeply.

"yah -!"

". . .anyway, here are the answers and the equation forms. you got number five wrong, its 345 not 342." she continued pointing at the scattered papers full of math equations and answer. "copy the whole thing on a new paper, you know ms. lee also grades them on neatness and stuff."

yerin groaned and buried her face in the thick math textbooks.

"god. what would i do without you my precious dongsaeng!"

"die from maths probably." she said sounding amused.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

yerin walked to her math class happily, finally, finally she can at least get an a+ on her homework because of her genius dongsaeng. this is why she loves her.

the classroom was noisy when she got there. there were a few people panicking because they didn't do the homework since they went to that amazing party held by music student yuju (who never fails for some reason and holds parties every week). a group of girls were talking loudly about that makeup brand that was popular for some reason. boys were either talking about soccer or basketball or talking about this good porn video they watched last night. while some were keeping themselves busy with their phones.

"yerin-ah!" sojung greeted. "sojung eonnie!, how are you today? didn't go to the party yesterday?"

"nope. bunch of projects lined up, and a drama that wants me in it, still thinking about it though. you? did you go? heard it was amazing. jackson and his squad were there."

"i didn't go. homeworks." she answered. disgusted by the fact jackson went out to party while his girlfriend was treating her bruises every morning. (not that she's stalking, she saw treatment pastes on the trash can.) sojung hummed and pointed at her hair.

"your hair looks different and your face. you're pretty but you're like prettier today."

"thanks. you look a lot taller, added another inch?" she asked and sojung groaned. "172.8 cm now, boys avoid me because they think i look like a giant."

"drama producers want you though."

"yeah! at least i make enough money." she chuckled. telling her that she has to study, yerin went to her designated seat.

behind eunbi.

eunbi kept her head down, the oversized hoodie covering almost her entire face as she solves a bunch of math equations for their homework, and listening to some music. yerin can almost see the dark bags under her eyes under massive amounts of concealer. she sighed and pulled out her phone to pass time.

but then, eunbi started shaking. like she was crying about something again.

for fuck's sake what did that bastard do to her now.

yerin looked up from her phone and saw what she was crying about, a picture of her and jackson, they looked so happy. the smiles were genuine and they seemed to enjoy each other's presence. yerin wondered what happened to jackson, she remembers him being the campus music student that was popular because of his good looks and nice personality, and eunbi and him were the definition of a perfect campus couple.

they still are since people don't really now what's happening behind closed doors.

yerin debated whether to give her her handkerchief or to just let her quietly and not disturb her since she seemed to be caught in the moment.

she decided to give her her handkerchief to at least form some sort of interaction.

extracting her fingertip to poke her in the shoulder softly -

but of course the fucking teacher had to come in and talk about how good the weather is and if they did their homework.

yerin slumped in her seat and eunbi stopped crying immediately. wiping her tears in the sleeves of her hoodie.

~

later on, while eunbi was alone in the classroom crying her eyes out while everyone went out for lunch, she saw a handkerchief and a note in her table.

thought you might need this. please stop crying ok?

- someone concerned for your well being.

wiping her tears in the sleeves of her hoodie, eunbi looked at the handkerchief and smiled softly, pocketing it and grabbing her bag, she went out the classroom and went to go get lunch.

the handkerchief had "jung yerin" embroidered in it.