v. smile

❝I just wanna see you laugh like a carefree child, I just want to give you comfort like a friend you can depend on

❝I just wanna see you laugh like a carefree child, I just want to give you comfort like a friend you can depend on.❞ EXO, What Is Love

JUNG YERIN.

"what the fuck are you doing in the streets at eight o' clock in the evening, with your luggage and doing nothing but sit and let guys fantasize?" yerin asks, exasperated, at the girl in front of her.

yerin was coming home after a successful drama audition (although it was just telling her she was a 'flower girl' by the producer and telling her they'll contact her if she passed, which, probably was just them telling her she didn't get the role.) passing by the school's mini cafe when she saw eunbi in the streets, sitting in one of her big suitcases and doing something with her phone, avoiding gazes or eye contact with boys who were wiggling their eyebrows at her with suggestive intent.

"w-well," eunbi stuttered an answer, nibbling on her bottom lip. she looked like she might cry and yerin felt like dying. "i, uh, got kicked out of my dorm room." she continued, flashing an awkward smile at her.

"what do you mean you got kicked out of your dorm room?" she snapped. eunbi whinced at yerin's tone of voice and answered, "jackson got evicted of his apartment and he kind of wanted my dorm room so he can stay there."

"so he kicked you out?" eunbi nodded, bowing her head in an attempt to hide the tears falling from her eyes. "that asshole." yerin muttered, looking at the girl in front of her, stopping the urge of hugging her because she might take that badly. 

"you can stay at my place until you get a new room to move in." she said, making the desicion. "i mean, i'm pretty lonely when i'm alone anyways and i think you need to get some i don't know, time away from you asshole of a boyrfriend?" 

eunbi shakes her head, "it's fine. i'll probably just go sleep at a hotel room, i don't wanna bother you." yerin's perfect shaped eyebrow arched in question, "you're not bothering me, eunbi. we're friends and friends help each other in times of need. so no more of this 'i'm botherin you' nonsense. you're not in a kdrama, okay?" she teased, smiling at her.

"okay. . . as long as i'm not bothering you or anything." 

"eunbi, you're never a bother." yerin answered, smiling fondly to her.

unbeknownst to her, eunbi flushed a deep shade of red that she desperately tried to hide by keeping her head down low, often muttering the words, "i'm straight." while making their way to the dorm rooms.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

both of them quietly made their way upstairs (yerin cursed one or two times because why did she get a room so goddamn high when the dorms had no elevator.) earning them curious looks as they practically tip-toed their way upstairs. 

yerin insisted on carrying her luggages saying that she had an older brother and was 'practically trained for wrestling', eunbi was adamant on helping her but yerin proved her wrong by carrying the suitcases with little difficulty than she did earlier, she looked rather calm, eunbi noted. also thinking on what the hell did she eat for her to become that strong.

reaching their dorm rooms, both of them heard the sound of loud music booming from eunbi's room, she told yerin that jackson was maybe having some fun with his friends and was probably drinking again. yerin shook her head in reply muttering 'dickhead' and 'you deserve better' while unlocking her door.

dragging the suitcases with her all the way to the bedroom, slipping of her shoes, eunbi was left to put the shoes in the cupboard and closing the door, staring longingly at her dorm room door until yerin called her from her bedroom.

"so, you can put your clothes at my closet. just make some space, i don't really have that much of clothes. i'm making dinner so you can make yourself comfortable." yerin smiled kindly and eunbi nodded at her. yerin made her way to the kitchen and eunbi heard a few faint shuffling. 

yerin had lots of clothes in her closet, she knew after opening her closet to put some of her stuff. she had just put a few shirts in the closet when she feared it might collapsed on how many things were in there, she had decided that she'll leave most of her clothes in her suitcase (because she really thinks it might collapse under the weight of the clothes). after that, she went out and planned on helping yerin cook dinner when she shrugged her off.

"'s fine, don't worry about it." she said over the noise of something frying. "you can help me by setting the table. the food's not that great though, you'll just have to stick with this, we'll order something tomorrow." she continued, pointing to the rack where the plates and utensils sat. eunbi walked over and took a peek on what she was cooking.

"that looks good, eonnie. i think you're a good cook." eunbi said, turning around to place the plates on the table, ignoring how yerin spluttered fr a reply in her flustered state. 

"its just fried rice. . ." yerin mumbled, trying to take away the redness of her face. what the fuck, she just complimented you, why are you looking like a tomato. 

finishing her cooking, she put the frying pan in the middle of the table and ushered eunbi to eat all of it since she wasn't hungry (she was lying, her stomach hurt like fuck but she looked at eunbi's thin figure and thought that she can eat all the mixed rice and she'll just eat ramen later, again, if sojung hadn't been her friend she's probably living off cup ramen and peeing blood by now.) but her stomach rumbled and she bashfully bit her lip and smiled awkwardly.

she's pretty.

"your stomach is saying otherwise, eonnie. just eat with me, i'll like that." eunbi says, taking a seat in front of her, yerin sighed and sat. making a face when she saw eunbi's face up close. 

what the fuck feelings, what the fuck, fuck you, fuck you , fuck yo-

"why are you making that face?" eunbi asked between a mouthful of fried rice. yerin quickly composed her face with a more decent expression before answering (before she can stop herself.), 

"you're too pretty, i'm kind of offended." after she said this she quickly covered her mouth with her right hand, sending her chopsticks flying. eunbi was just as affected, suddenly letting go of her chopsticks and turning red in the face, yerin half expected her to say no homo, bitch, but what she said shocked her.

"you're prettier than me though," she said, picking up her chopsticks that fell at the ground, a faint light pink dusting her cheeks. smiling shyly at yerin before continuing to eat. 

"i object. i think if you were a flower in a garden you'd be the prettiest." yerin said immediately, picking up her chopsticks as well, smiling brightly at her.

they both looked at each other before breaking out in shy smiles with pink decorating both their cheeks.