xxvi. cry

❝Why is it so dark where you're not here

It's dangerous how wrecked I am.❞ BTS, Save Me

HWANG EUNBI.

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, FOUR YEARS LATER, SEVEN IN THE MORNING.

her head was throbbing and she woke up feeling like hell. her muscles were aching from the dance practice yesterday and the bottle of wine she decided to drink last night.

"fucking hell." the twenty-four year old cursed, "ugh."

she stood up slowly from her bed and sighed deeply, already thinking of ordering some hangover soup from the korean place she liked.

an empty bottle of wine was on the floor, the cork thrown away somewhere. her house was a mess in a homey way.

eunbi put the bottle in a trash can and grabbed her phone in the bedside drawer, speaking quietly on the phone, not wanting to make her head hurt than it is.

"one hangover soup, please. for delivery." she said, muttering.

"eunbi, dear!" the motherly voice exclaimed, "i'm sorry but we don't have any deliveries today since it's sunday."

"oh." eunbi said, sighing. "well, i'll just go down then. can you prepare the soup for me please?"

"of course, love! i can't wait to see you. it's been so long. wash up and i'll have food prepared, okay?"

"i ate there like, two days ago." she grumbled, "okay. bye, jiyeon auntie"

"hmm."

eunbi dragged herself to the bathroom, eyes still half-closed and her body just wanted sleep.

stripping her clothes, she hopped into the cold shower, shivering when the water hit her skin.

it has been so long since she last relaxed at a sunday morning, the feeling of just sipping coffee and watching netflix all day long.

her schedule was so packed that she didn't have the time to rest, breathe even. eunbi's just happy that she survived the whole month.

four years is a long time.

and in the middle of that?

hwang eunbi became a dancer. her dreams finally came through.

a year after she finished college, the girl started posting cover of dances and choreographies to youtube, getting a steady amount of subscribers. it wasn't enough to make money so she also became a dance teacher to young kids and teens.

she didn't have to worry any more and eunbi finds herself enjoying the stress and how she's always busy. learning new moves, making a new one, teaching. . . it helped her get away with her problems and it made her happy knowing that she's helping someone dance.