ix. smile

❝Be happy for this moment

❝Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life.❞ Omar Khayyam

JUNG YERIN & HWANG EUNBI.

iafter lunch, the little group hung out for a bit at the mall before dropping yerin and eunbi off to the dorm rooms front door, apologizing again for being late. yerin told eunbi to go up first as she will talk to sojung and eunha first. both of them were smiling widely when eunbi left and yerin's eyes narrowed.

"anyway, as i've told both of you, i can't tell you what's gonna happen to the dr-"

sojung cut her off, a wicked smile playing her lips, "so when are you going to ask eunbi out on a date?" yerin's smile faltered, her body frozen as she heard the words slip out of sojung's voice.

"or tell her you like her?" eunha supplied, smiling sweetly at her.

yerin recovered, her smile awkward as she answered both of them, "i don't know what you're talking about. i mean, i don't even like-like her. we're friends." the couple snorted at their friend's weak protest against them.

"then why are you looking at her with that disgusting look when you think she's not looking?"

"was she looking at me? did i get caught or what?" yerin asked horrified of the thought of eunbi catching her staring at her. both sojung and eunha ignored this remark.

"what about the holding hands thing?"

"she likes holding hands with me! she doesn't mind!" yerin protested. once again she was ignored by both of them. damn them.

"do you like her?" sojung asked again, yerin answered without paying mind to the question and rambled all the way. "of course i do! i mean she's so pretty, and she's so amazing at dancing and she's so perfect. she's good at everything and –" she stopped, realizing what she had said, her cheeks forming a beautiful pink hue. sojung and eunha looked at her and 'awwed' making her stutter over her words.

"i said that as like okay. not like-like okay. okay?" she asked almost hysterical. because both of them can't know that she likes a straight girl with an asshole of a boyfriend because both of them will fucking tease both of them till she dies and she does not like that.

"aww, yerin, it's okay to like a straight girl who has a boyfriend and who probably doesn't like you. and you like her too much, hu-?"

"fuck you."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"oh, you're back." eunbi says, surprised as yerin quietly slipped through the door. eunbi was cooking fried rice when she remembered yerin had told her that she was still hungry and three bowls of rice, two bowls of noodles and a full plate of spicy chicken was still not enough for her angry stomach.

("how do you even not gain weight with how much you're eating?" eunbi asked curiously and sojung and eunbi laughed between eating their foods.

"i go on a strict diet. and i have high metabolism, people say i have perfect body proportions and i disagree."

"but you do have a perfect body." eunbi says sincerely and yerin blushes, devouring her noodles all at once to hide her blushing cheeks. the couple resisted the urge to laugh at her face.)

"oh! are you cooking?" yerin asked after smelling the familiar scent of garlic being fried in olive oil. eunbi nodded, busy pouring rice over the frying pan. "yeah, i remembered you said you were hungry earlier so i decided to cook something. i hope you don't mind." eunbi answered, yerin, feeling strangely touched that she remembered, approaching her and asking her if she needed help. eunbi shrugged and tod her the food will be ready in five minutes so she said she can lie down and it's okay.

yerin did as she was told and lied down the couch, drowning herself in her thoughts. she was still confused about her feelings and she doesn't even know If she like-liked eunbi that way.

eunbi was an amazing human and yerin was fucking confused to what she was feeling right now. she had a boyfriend, she reminded herself, a boyfriend who is a fucking asshole that doesn't know how to appreciate eunbi at all.

she wanted to shower eunbi with affection she deserves.

wants to show her how she cares for her, how much she adores her, how she is a fucking amazing person, how she likes her –

wait.

what the actual fuck.

how she likes her? oh my god.

i like her.

yerin likes eunbi.

what the fuck indeed.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

thank you so much for one hundred votes! 

i lOVE YOU GUYS.

the first arc is almost finished! a few more chapters left till then

the first arc is almost finished! a few more chapters left till then. the second arc focuses a little bit more on eunbi and is a little bit more darker than the first so you're in for a long ride!

a song playlist is also to be posted, so you can also wait for that!

i know i don't say thanks that much but i do want to say thank you for all your support for this book. i love you all. so here's a virtual hug:

 so here's a virtual hug: