The night before battle

Authors note*Sorry for taking so long to update!Ive been very busy lately, especially with Captain America the winter soldier and lots and lots of fandom stuff happening! That's the problem being in too many Fandoms. Anyway, sorry for boring you. Note, ' are telepathic communications'. Hope you enjoy.

Loki's view

Although having an amazing dinner with my family sleep did not come to me last night. Eira slept with her head placed on my chest but I knew that she was not sleeping either.

"Eira, honey. I want to ask you something." Eira''s head lifted so her beautiful blue eyes locked with mine, "ask away, I don't know why you don't just read my mind but go ahead." I smiled at this, of course I could just read her mind but that's invading her privacy. Yes I read Thor's and his friends but that's because they haven't got my respect. "how far along are you with your magic?" I know that mother has been teaching her so Eira must be quite talented at the moment. "Very far, your mother said that I am ver close to you." Brilliant! I can try the trick I read about today. "Place your hands on top of mine, I want to show you something." Eira placed her hands on top of mine, I closed my eyes and repeated the instructions from the book, when I opened my eyes just as expected a emerald green orb floated from our hands, hovered and then burst into a swarm of multicoloured butterflies which flew into the night sky. I watched Eira's draw drop in awe.

"That was amazing!But dose it mean anything, or is it simply a party trick?"

"I means that at any given time if you want to talk, wherever you are, you can telepathically talk to me, and I will respond. I thought It might be useful tomorrow." Eira smiled brightly placing her lips against mine.

Then, finally then did I manage to get some sleep.

*skipping to the morning*

Eira's POV

A small faint knock came from the chamber door, knowing Loki he would be asleep. knowing that I got up, straightened my night gown and answered the door. on the other side of the door was Loki's mother, oh no! I shouldn't be here!

"Good morning, I hope nothing happened last night." I shook my head, frigga just simply smiled. 'LOKI your mother's here! get up.' I heard a groan from the other side if the room. in the most sleepist voice I heard loki's voice echo throughout the room, " Good morning mother, I do hope you are having a wonderful morning" so charming.

Frigga walked over to loki her golden dress trailing behind her as she reached the bed in which Loki was sleeping in.

"Darling, please be careful. stay with your brother please. Return with him. and don't just rely on your magic." Loki sat up "of course. I will see you soon." I smiled at frigga as she left the room. "yes be careful. you will talk to me, won't up you?" Loki produced a small sad smile "why wouldn't i? I will be careful, for you."