Sharing a baby

Hellow my potatoes!

****************************************************

After the battle of Hogwarts Harry had found Teddy and decided to take care of him until he could or Teddy allowed him, Harry never planned on having to raise his godson with Draco Malfoy. Harry fixed 12 Grimmauld Place in less than a week since he couldn't really sleep and brought Teddy in as soon as he could, he never imagined that taking care of a baby would be so hard. 

Three months in and Harry had not slept one bit, not because of the nightmares but because Teddy would wake up every night and require some sort of attention. Harry was breaking but he would not give up, Ron and Hermione would come to help sometimes but they were very much in love and liked to spend their time together traveling. One morning after Harry had put Teddy to sleep for the fourth time, someone knocked on the door and Harry ran as fast as he could to get the door before the knocking could wake Teddy up. Harry's eyes opened very wide for the first time in weeks when he saw who was standing by the door.

Draco was standing in the doorway, soaked wet thanks to the pouring rain that had been going on for the whole week. He looked different than how Harry remembered him, bags under his eyes revealed he shared everyone's nightmares, his clothes were not petite like they used to be when they were in school, the look on his eyes was completely different and Harry could tell he was exhausted.

"Are you going to invite me in or are you just going to stand there staring at me?" Draco muttered out trying to shake water of him.  

"Oh! I'm sorry, yeah....um... come in..." Harry opened the door for Draco to enter "Sorry for the mess" there were baby toys and books everywhere, blanket forts and snacks around the living room. Draco took a look around and a smile appeared on his face, it seemed as though it was the first time he smiled in a while. 

"Teddy's here, isn't here?" asked Draco without thinking, he turned to face Harry who was still holding the door open. Harry quickly shrugged and closed the door, he walked closer to Draco putting his hands in his pockets.

"Um... yeah" he took a pause not knowing what to say "Is that...um.. why...you'rehere?" Harry barely managed to get out. Draco gave him a funny look but now a mean one, just funny. 

"Yeah um...I mean he is my cousin after all and I wanted to um...I don't know" he looked around once again "See how he's doing" Draco moved some toys around and sat on the couch as Harry did the same on a different couch.

"Oh" Harry picked up some toys and put them on his lap "well, he's fine I guess um... he's sleeping right now" Harry didn't know if he should tell Draco about the sleepless nights and just when he was going to Draco said something.

"Harry....I want to take him...I want to take care of him" Draco blurted out and he shifted in his seat. Harry didn't know what he was more surprised by: the fact that Draco had just called him by his name or the fact that he wanted to take Teddy. Teddy, the fact that he wanted to take Teddy away from him. Harry was tired and could barely ever sleep but he loved Teddy, he would not allow anyone to take Teddy away from him.

"No" Harry said standing up "I will not allow it"

"I'm his cousin" argued Draco in quite a passive way

"I am his godfather" Harry sat down again trying to calm himself down "Why? Why all of the sudden you want to take him and take care of him?"

Draco sighed he didn't know what to say "It is none of your business" his words were there but he didn't sound mean or angry or even bothered he was simply defeated by everything.

"It is, I am the one who has been taking care of him for the past three months. Where were you? I went straight to get him after the battle, what were you doing?" Harry stood up again "I MEAN YOU CAN'T" he realized he was screaming and didn't want to wake up Teddy "You can't just show up and take him" Harry's eyes were watering he didn't notice but Draco did.