6

What is he doing at my house? Well he seemed pretty shocked too. My parents noticed the awkwardness between us.

"Anna this is Harry our new neighbor" My dad introduced us.

"Neighbor?" I said a little too rudely. Harry just had this smug look on his face as he leaned against the counter in the kitchen.

"Don't be rude" My mum snapped.

"Mum we're lab partners I already know who he is" My monotone voice echoed through the kitchen.

"Yes she's right. I didn't know you lived across the street Anna" The way he cynically said my name combined with the half smile sent chills through my body.

"Okay well we'll leave you two alone" What? Why? My parents left the room whispering something as they walked but I couldn't hear. I folded my arms at Harry.

"What are you doing at my house?"

"Nice to see you too"

"No okay you don't get to be a jerk to me then run off and later come to my house acting like everything's fine"

"Sorry about this morning. I'm being serious this time" His facial expression gave it away that he was telling the truth and I didn't want to be a bitch for no reason.

"Alright apology accepted. But why do you get so touchy about your mum?" He just shrugged his shoulders. Okay at least he wasn't snapping at me.

"It's okay you don't have to tell me. I'm just happy you aren't mad at me for asking" I offered him a small smile and in the moment I felt bad for him. I never saw him with any of his friends. Did he even have friends? He was getting more interesting by the minute. I wondered if he had a girlfriend.

"Okay well I'm going to go back upstairs. You're welcome to come and we can just hang out?" His green eyes locked with mine but this time I didn't know whether he was taken back that I asked or thought I was ridiculous for thinking he'd ever come up to hang out with me in my room. The silence was unbearable so I broke eye contact and started walking upstairs. He was so weird. I can't figure him out.

"Wait Anna I didn't mean to be weird or seem unfriendly. I'd love to hang out with you I just didn't know what to say because I don't have many friends" I felt his arm pull me back closer to him. I was glad it was my first assumption instead of the second.

"It's okay Harry you don't have to explain yourself to me. Cmon" I pulled him upstairs and lead him to my room. I'm really glad I cleaned up because yesterday I had bras and other clothes scattered around my room. That would have been really embarrassing if Harry had seen my bras.

"So you just moved across the street?" I asked sitting on my bed and patting the spot next to me for him to sit. He was very confused and almost nervous but sat next to me anyway. I moved the curtain to the side and tried to find Harry's house.

"It's that one" He pointed to the one directly in front of mine.

"It's nice"

"Now we can be lab partners more conveniently and do whatever lab partners do" He smirked. I've never been this close to him. He has these gorgeous green eyes and dark eyelashes. His hair is so dark like chocolate and very curly.

"Yeah I think we have a project due next week"

"Perfect" Why? It's a project.

"So when did you move in?" I asked changing the subject.

"The beginning of May. But the question is when did you move in?"

"Well I've lived here for almost 18 years but my parents are in the military so we move around a lot but it's mostly over the summer. We always come back to this house"