CHAPTER TWO - FORBIDDEN LOVE (Part 1)

<CLICK ON THE YOUTUBE VIDEO AT THE RIGHT HAND SIDE OF THIS PAGE WHILST READING THIS CHAPTER TO ENHANCE THE EXPERIENCE>

CHAPTER TWO – FORBIDDEN LOVE

(Part 1)

Over the following months, I settled into my routine of being followed everywhere, being unable to meet or spend time with anyone outside of the circle and completing my ‘witchly’ duties of going to ‘Mystical School’ with Damien once a week.

Feeling frustrated with the constant dullness of this routine being forced upon me, I began to think of ways to escape from the circle. Sadly, each thought always led to breaking my parents’ hearts and bringing shame on the family.

It got to the stage where I longed to be at the Namuh school seven days a week, just so I didn’t have to talk about magic, the Aliis World, my powers (which, I was told, were ‘developing fast’) and my duties in the second stage of marriage.

My frustration and pain was evident from my demeanour, and I was grateful when Mrs Baxter noticed my lack of enthusiasm in class and allowed me to help her after school, either by cleaning up the classroom or helping her with her lesson planning. This allowed me to take a break and simply to speak to someone who wasn’t a witch. 

Unfortunately, it still meant that a member of my circle would be nearby (in another classroom), but it was a start.

After only a few weeks of using her classroom as my escape, other students began to long for the same - eventually her room was not only my safe haven but also Lily’s refuge.

Lily was a slender, blonde (almost white) haired girl who spoke with a faint, tranquil tone, walked with an air of grace and had a timid manner. She was naturally very beautiful, with pale skin, discrete freckles contributing to her alluring appearance, rosy cheeks highlighting her sharp features and striking green eyes; I understood why most of the Namuh girls were jealous of her.

I knew she was part of a circle as she was never alone and many of her companions also had the clear skin and timid, airy nature about them. On the other hand, they never gave the impression of weakness; quite the contrary - they seemed more intelligent and strong, with the ability to tackle enemies with wit and charm. 

Over the few weeks in our safe haven, we built up a friendship and I found out she was indeed part of a circle. The fairy circle.

I had read about this circle and found that they were very secretive, used Mother Nature to help bring them power and energy and - like our circle - had different stages to their development.

Much like me, she was not entirely happy with her new life and needed to escape her circle for some breathing space.

Due to our similar longing for ‘normality’, we built up a friendship and met in the classroom after school at least once a week - simply so that we could be normal 16 year olds. We tried to forget about the final stage of our development, the Vitam - when we turn 17 - after which our magical obligations became more serious. We took great pleasure from simple teenage habits, gossiping about the other girls in the school and the boys who caught our eye.