CHAPTER TWO - FORBIDDEN LOVE (Part 7)

CHAPTER TWO – FORBIDDEN LOVE

(Part 7)

<CLICK ON THE YOUTUBE VIDEO AT THE RIGHT HAND SIDE OF THIS PAGE WHILST READING THIS CHAPTER TO ENHANCE THE EXPERIENCE>

The sunlight warmed my face and I knew I was alive.

Feeling Raven moving at the side of me was the best present I could get that day and I hugged her almost until she couldn’t breathe! ‘Okay, okay - I’m fine!’ she uttered as she struggled to get free.

We looked around and inspected the bombsite which once resembled a bedroom and immediately started to look for Rohan. ‘Where is he?’ she questioned as she looked under the bed and in what remained of the wardrobe.

But there was nothing. He was gone.

Cleaning up was the easy part of the day; understanding the major mistake I had made in letting a vampire bite a witch was something I was going to have to deal with for the rest of my (now shortened, so I suspected) life.

‘You know he’ll come back for you don’t you?’ Lily said as I showed her the evidence of the bite on my neck whilst waiting outside before our exam revision session.

‘Thanks for the supportive words…’ I replied glumly as we entered the classroom and sat at our desks. I was, to be perfectly honest, quite happy for the distraction as I tried to concentrate on the questions. I had no answers for them, but looking blankly at the mock paper, I at least tried to take my mind off Rohan.

Twenty minutes in it and I still had no answers - merely questions from the previous night. The time was ticking. I eventually managed to get my brain into gear and started writing.

I couldn’t stop. Words flowed from my mind and onto the paper. As I read each question, I scribbled away and hoped my answers were right. ‘That’s it - time’s up. Pens and pencils down. Wait for me to collect your papers before you move!’ Mrs Baxter shouted as the invigilators walked round and collected the papers.

I was so relieved to get out of the room; I ran out and was greeted by Lily - a weight had appeared to lift from her shoulders, too - and a scared-looking Baldric.

He signalled for me to meet him in one of the empty classrooms and, after reassuring Lily I would be safe and giving an excuse to my circle minder, I managed to slip away. ‘I have nothing to say. Not to you, not to your brother,’ I snapped before he could open his mouth.

He closed the blind on the door and locked it. ‘Don’t worry. That’s more for my safety than yours…’ he said as I looked fearful at the lack of escape route. I examined my surroundings, ready to defend myself if it came to that. ‘He asked me to come and tell you how sorry he is,’ Rohan’s sibling continued as he sat down and pulled a chair out, beckoning me to join him.

I moved it slightly further away and accepted his offer, keen to maintain some degree of control. ‘He tried to kill me. What do you want me to say?! I accept his apology, now let’s live happily ever after?’ I retorted sharply as he merely rolled his eyes at my melodramatic movements.