CHAPTER SEVEN - SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST (Part 2)

CHAPTER SEVEN – SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST

(Part 2)

<CLICK ON THE YOUTUBE VIDEO AT THE RIGHT HAND SIDE OF THIS PAGE WHILST READING THIS CHAPTER TO ENHANCE THE EXPERIENCE>

Luther shook his head, trying not to scare me but the fear on his face told me the truth. ‘The protection spell will not hold up against Sibelle! She has learnt how to bend the craft. She’ll get in and there’s nothing we can do about it!’ I panicked, trying to escape from the sofa.

The pain crippled me and I resigned myself to just concentrating on releasing this child into the world and hoping for the best.

Huge holes began to appear in the floor and the building started to sink to one side. Large pieces of concrete from the walls and ceiling rained down onto us like hailstones as the baby helped to put up a protective barrier, shielding us from the rubble. ‘Not too long now,’ Alin promised, as she pointed to the bloody, half-visible body struggling to escape me.

Purple, sparkling shards danced around the part of the infant we could see, almost as a celebration of this beautiful miracle entering our world. Intoxicating and alluring, Alin was transfixed by the sparkling veil as she went to try and help the baby. ‘NO!’ Luther screamed as she cupped the baby and attempted to pull it out.

It was too late. The sparkling veil switched to red and started to engulf her body.

From her hands to her face, she was consumed by this invading haze, numbing each limb as it covered her. ‘ALIN!’ Luther shrieked as he went to help her; but he too was blasted away by the red mist.

Falling to the floor like a statue, she slammed against the floor and shattered into tiny pieces. ‘NOOO!’ I looked at the remaining pieces of Alin scattered around the sofa. Luther couldn’t comprehend what he had just witnessed. He went into shock and didn’t move.

My shrieks and pants did not wake him from his traumatic trance. ‘LUTHER - I NEED YOU!’ I cried as more of my infant revealed itself to the world.

Finally, he snapped out of it, jumped up and ran over. He silently rubbed my head, never once taking his eyes off the floor. There was a strange sound coming from the hallway and I lifted my head to see if I could work out what the odd, groaning noise was. Luther went to see what was making the noise and immediately ran back in with a panic stricken look on his sweaty face. ‘The door’s bending inwards!’ he cried as my pushing became more forced.

‘I need to get it out - quick!’ I screamed as he held onto my hand. I held my stomach and began pushing downwards. The sofa was now a crimson bed, facilitating this gruesome labour as I took one more deep breath and used all of my energy to give a huge push.

The sound of a baby crying overwhelmed the room as the vampire and Lycan clan made their entrance, unnoticed.

Luther went to pick up the baby, no longer fearing his own safety; Alin’s shattered body reminded him of his loss. The baby did not harm him but instead pointed to the doorway slowly as the intruders gathered and watched on in shock.