CHAPTER THREE - CONGRATUALTIONS IT'S a... (Part 1)

CHAPTER THREE – CONGRATUALTIONS IT’S a…

(Part 1)

<CLICK ON THE YOUTUBE VIDEO AT THE RIGHT HAND SIDE OF THIS PAGE WHILST READING THIS CHAPTER TO ENHANCE THE EXPERIENCE>

Spending a week in the, Forest of Ver would have been amazing if it weren’t for my health deteriorating rapidly. ‘Here, drink this,’ Lily said as she handed me a golden goblet with water from the Healing Stream of Terra.

The soothing sensation ran down my throat and I could sense the cool feeling enter my stomach and freeze the stabbing pain, for an hour at a time. The constant battle was becoming unbearable. Rohan tried his best to help but as none of us knew what we were dealing with, it was all trial and error.

In order to keep himself from worrying about the state of my health, he agreed to help the other fairies (the ones who were not scared of him) build houses and formed an interesting friendship with a fairy called Dryden.

Ivory, shimmering skin which gleamed in the moonlight, approximately 6’1” in height, of slim build, with pixie-sharp features, piercing, clear green eyes and long pointed ears, Dryden wasn’t your typical male fairy.

If it weren’t for his jeans, ripped t-shirt and long tied back light blonde/white hair, he would have fit in perfectly with the rest of the group. ‘I don’t understand why we have to wear the traditional clothes every day!’ he protested to Rohan in response to his ‘originality’ being mocked.

Dryden was Lily’s proposed husband and, unlike Lily, he relished the thought at being married to her and building his empire. With his strong personality and his own opinions on his distaste at being hidden from the Namuh world, he often aired his views to a less than enthusiastic crowd.

‘So, where are you going to go from here?’ he asked Rohan as they went on the daily walk for wood.

‘Well, knowing that my lot will be trying to find us now, we don’t want to put you in any more danger. I guess we’ll be heading to the village of Ignotum at dawn,’ Rohan replied, using his extraordinary strength to carry 6 logs at a time.

Unable to judge my increasingly unstable state from one moment to the next, I stayed away from others, in fear I may injure them with my uncontrollable powers, which were growing by the day. ‘I think the baby is controlling your powers,’ Autumn suggested, somewhat unhelpfully, as I accidentally destroyed an old elm tree during a walk in the forest.

‘I’m so sorry. I just don’t know what to do - I feel like I’m a puppet. What will I do? I never thought this could happen. We only did it the night before we came here!’ I cried as the searing pain came again, this time accompanied by violent movements inside my stomach which were visible for all to see.

The baby was twisting and turning like an animal in a bath of acid. With every kick and punch, bolts of fire shot from wounds on my stomach which opened and closed rapidly.

I felt to the ground in agony. ‘Help me!’ I screamed and before Autumn could do anything, there was Rohan, lifting my head off the ground and trying to help.