CHAPTER FOUR - THE SACRIFICE (Part 1)

CHAPTER FOUR – THE SACRIFICE

(Part 1)

<CLICK ON THE YOUTUBE VIDEO AT THE RIGHT HAND SIDE OF THIS PAGE WHILST READING THIS CHAPTER TO ENHANCE THE EXPERIENCE>

We were woken by spine-tingling screams and shadows of large, inhuman figures creeping eerily and slowly past the hut.

Rohan opened the leather shutters and peered out. ‘Don’t make a sound…’ he whispered. I held my breath and sat next to the window like a statue, looking through a narrow crack. Lycan’s sniggered as they collaborated with the vampire clan to destroy the camp and to slaughter the followers. ‘Tell us where she is!’ the largest Lycan demanded as he held one of the followers in the air by his neck.

The follower didn’t answer, which left me relieved; however this feeling was short-lived as his shrieks told me he had made the wrong decision not to turn us in.

As the battle continued, Rohan recognised the vampire in charge of the arrest and saw that he’d started to look through the huts.

I began hyperventilating and the pains grew in intensity. Before Rohan could come to my aid, Idony and Bomani rushed into the hut. ‘Is she in labour?’ Bomani asked, observing the pulsating tears on my stomach.

‘No, but her emotions are affecting its essence,’ Idony replied. She started waving her hands around the wounds and quietly repeated her mantra as the wounds began to close and the pain dispersed.

Just in time too, as our hideaway had been discovered. ‘They’re in here!’ the vampire shouted to the others as he ripped the hut from the ground.

As we sprang to our feet, the clans circled us and we knew we’d be lucky to escape this situation. ‘Good work, Warner,’ the large Lycan said as he morphed back into human form.

A woman with long, tangled ginger hair and white eyes, dressed in a black robe and with visible scarring on her arms and face stepped out from behind the large Lycan. ‘Do not underestimate the girl. She holds powers you could never defeat.’ She was transfixed on the forcefield I had quickly assembled around us.

‘I need you to read her, Sibelle,’ the Lycan replied. Sibelle nodded, and they slowly walked towards us.

The forcefield I had conjured threw the others off guard, which gave us some time to think of a plan of action. ‘You’re a disgrace to our circle. Now just come with us and face the consequences of your actions,’ Warner said to Rohan as he taunted him about being with a witch.

‘It’s disgusting! Think of the mutant she’s nursing in there…’ the larger Lycan, who we later found out was Rafe, the head of the Lycan’s, mocked.

This angered me and I stood forward to attack. This unfortunately meant the disappearing of the forcefield; we were like mice waiting for the cats to pounce on us. ‘Put it back up!’ Bomani screamed.

‘I’m trying! I can’t!’ I yelled as Rafe grabbed Bomani by the head and lifted him off the ground.