CHAPTER TWO - FORBIDDEN LOVE (Part 10)

CHAPTER TWO – FORBIDDEN LOVE

(Part 10)

<CLICK ON THE YOUTUBE VIDEO AT THE RIGHT HAND SIDE OF THIS PAGE WHILST READING THIS CHAPTER TO ENHANCE THE EXPERIENCE>

Being woken up by the hatch rattling was not the wake-up call I’d expected - or hoped for - but was definitely one that got me to my feet quickly.

Jumping out of the bed, I completely I forgot I was half-naked before seeing Rohan appearing at my side and holding onto me. ‘When I say run, you need to run, OK?’ he whispered.

I nodded in sleepy agreement, knowing I would not be leaving his side.

We waited until we saw the shadowy figure climbing down the ladder and an automatic protective barrier surrounded us. This magical blockade was different from the others I had conjured in the past.

It was thicker, and a visible electrical field covered the circle.

What’s more, that was not the only difference I was experiencing on this new day…

Fortunately, our fears were somewhat eased as we saw that the intruder was only Baldric bringing some more snacks; I didn’t understand why they were both pointing at my face. ‘Did you see what I just saw?’ Baldric asked Rohan.

They both stood in front of me in shock. I ran to cover myself, thinking my lack of clothing was the cause of their surprise. ‘Open your mouth,’ Rohan demanded as they both took two steps closer.

‘What is wrong with you two?’ I questioned, confused by their attention.

I opened my mouth and Rohan took a mirror from my bag. ‘Look!’ he urged, handing me the mirror.

‘Oh my God! Where did these come from?’ I cried. Out of sheer surprise, I dropped the mirror and it shattered into pieces. There they were, for all to see - fangs!

Bewildered at this transformation, thoughts and fears began to fly through my head. ‘Am I turning into one of you?’ I asked, shocked, as I felt my new teeth with my tongue.

‘You can’t be - you still have a reflection. Do you hunger for blood? Do you feel different?’ Baldric asked. It seemed he regarded me as his new project or experiment.

‘No… I hunger for normal food,’ I replied sarcastically, slightly annoyed at Baldric’s curiosity. I stood in front of Rohan for answers; a stunned expression was on his face for all to see.

Curious, he cut himself and touched my lips with his blood-tipped finger. ‘What are you doing?’ I was disgusted at the thought.

‘I just want to see if I had maybe accidentally turned you…’ he said.

I pushed his arm away and inspected my teeth again. ‘They’re gone!’ I shouted to the perplexed pair.