CHAPTER TWO - FORBIDDEN LOVE (Part 9)

CHAPTER TWO – FORBIDDEN LOVE

(Part 9)

Not knowing how long it would take for him to be fully mortal, he had obviously forgotten that I was not like him and therefore needed food. ‘I have some snacks in my bag that I packed for lunch today. It’s not much but it will give you energy until tomorrow,’ Raven said as she took a bottle of water, ham sandwich, a packet of crisps and two apples out of her bag, placing them in front of me.

As she checked to make sure that I ate every last piece of the sandwich, she aired her reservations on what she felt was the wrong choice and went to speak with Baldric. ‘I’m sorry; I forgot to get you some food. I guess I don’t deal with that type of cuisine that often,’ Rohan joked as he kissed my forehead.

I confirmed I was feeling better and to avoid talking about it any longer, we started to make plans as to what we’d have to do tomorrow. ‘We will stay here tonight and make our way to the village of Ignotum in the morning. Someone there owes me a favour,’ he said.

‘Where is this place?’ I asked nervously.

‘Don’t worry; you know I’ll take care of you as best I can. Now get some rest and all will be better in the morning.’ He lay a blanket over me and went to speak to Baldric.

Raven came over to me and, calmer than earlier, she bent down and said, ‘I’ve got to go now before anyone finds out I’m gone. I think the spell worked, so if you ever need me just call me and I’ll be there. Please let me know tomorrow that you’re okay.’ I could see the worry on her face and I gave her a big hug, realising this would be the last time I would see her for a while.

The uncertainty of my future came flooding to the forefront of my mind again and I began to cry. Raven joined in with my tears and it was only when Baldric reminded us of the time that we parted arms. ‘I will come back, Raven. Don’t worry!’ I cried, but she couldn’t take any more and did the transportation spell quickly. In a flash she was gone.

Baldric tried to calm me down but his words fell on deaf ears. He left in disgust.

‘Is there anything I can do to make it easier for you?’ Rohan whispered as he got into the make-shift bed and lay beside me.

Rolling over and being scooped up into his arms, I buried my head in his chest and whimpered. ‘No, but a good sleep will help.’ With that, I fell asleep whilst he stroked my hair.

******

<CLICK ON THE YOUTUBE VIDEO AT THE RIGHT HAND SIDE OF THIS PAGE WHILST READING THIS CHAPTER TO ENHANCE THE EXPERIENCE>

The candles had burnt almost down to their bases, but for one, which fought to light the space near the sleeping area. I rolled over to see Rohan still awake and staring at me tenderly. ‘Did you have a nice nap?’ he asked as he kissed my lips softly. I nodded and reciprocated his affectionate wake up call.

‘Couldn’t you go to sleep?’ I asked as I took a breath.