CHAPTER TWO - FORBIDDEN LOVE (Part 11)

CHAPTER TWO – FORBIDDEN LOVE

(Part 11)

<CLICK ON THE YOUTUBE VIDEO AT THE RIGHT HAND SIDE OF THIS PAGE WHILST READING THIS CHAPTER TO ENHANCE THE EXPERIENCE>

The moon shone brightly, its silvery beams highlighting the dew on the leaves which made them twinkle like gems among the trees. There was a gentle, warm breeze, which made the branches dance in a rhythmic motion. This put us somehow at ease - we felt calm and enchanted.

There were small, wooden houses in the trees, scattered among waterfalls connecting to a large, central lake.

The ground glittered with emerald green shards, as though it were alive with energy, and the air smelt of lilies and lotus blossom. The fear and apprehension began to fade and relaxation and peacefulness were taking over both my mind and body.

In danger of drifting off with the trance-like nature of our surroundings, we were suddenly alerted back to reality when we turned the corner and were greeted by a large party of people.

Dancing around in an open area, we witnessed dancers clad in white, floating dresses and robes, flowers entwined in their hair. They, too, seemed overcome by the intoxicating music of a man strumming on a golden harp, a woman playing a repetitive melody on her glowing silver flute and another man plucking something that looked similar to a ukulele.

‘Faith, you made it!’ a familiar voice echoed. It was Lily.

She came running over and gave me a big hug. ‘I remember you! I told Autumn how you saved us those years ago and she agreed to help you in return,’ she gushed, addressing Rohan, as she guided us to sit down and join the party.

A few members of her group began to stare at us and it was obvious the welcome was not unanimous. ‘So… whose birthday is it?’ Rohan asked in an attempt to break the frosty atmosphere.

The fairies near us vacated their seats quickly, moving to another spot; we realised that not all would have our best interests at heart. ‘It’s no-one’s. This is our nightly ritual to thank Mother Earth for giving us another day of happiness,’ Lily replied happily as she offered me some bread.

‘Sounds - um - interesting…’ Rohan mocked as he regarded the others with suspicion.

I nudged him and Lily gave us a tour of the forest. ‘Glad you didn’t have any trouble getting in. I borrowed some of your hair so Autumn could allow you entry to the forest. The doorway usually only allows fairies in but she performed a ritual with your hair to show that you are a friend, not a foe. Anyway, enough of that! This is where I live with my parents and brother, and this is the Healing Stream of Terra. If you are injured or your powers need a boost you can simply lie immersed in it for a few minutes and you’re back to normal,’ she prattled as we looked at each other with scepticism.

As we sat by the river, we were greeted by a tall, slim woman with long white hair. ‘Hello Faith. And you must be Rohan. Welcome to my forest,’ she said with an air of supremacy. As she glided closer to us, her height was striking; approximately seven feet in stature, she towered over us like a skyscraper.

Her glistening white gown, which could have been crafted by angels, highlighted her nature beauty. ‘T-thank you for offering to help us,’ I stammered, slightly bowled over by her splendour.

‘You’re welcome,’ she replied as her smile began to change. I asked if everything was in order, as a look of concern took over. She beckoned Lily to her side and they went out of earshot.

Lily looked like she was defending herself but it seemed that Autumn was not accepting her excuses.

After a few minutes they came back over, the worry now also etched on Lily’s face. ‘Why didn’t you tell me about your condition, Faith?’ she asked as she knelt down in front of me and grabbed my hands.

‘What condition?’ Rohan asked, suddenly concerned.

I looked at him and shook my head, unsure of the cause of this confusion, and looked up at Autumn hoping for some answers. ‘You don’t know?’ she questioned as she looked back at Lily with bewilderment. ‘We can help you, but we need to know what we are dealing with first. I don’t think we can protect you now…’ Autumn continued as I tried to contain my anger at her lies.

‘So you lied to us?’ I asked as I got up to walk away, pulling Rohan behind me.

Autumn stopped me and begged me to listen. ‘No, no - we can help you but we’ve only ever dealt with this type of situation once before; it didn’t end successfully for the witch because she died from the trauma,’ she confessed, much to my increasing confusion.

‘What are you talking about?!’ Rohan shouted.

Autumn and Lily looked at each other and, with a sigh, Lily finally cleared up the confusion. ‘You’re pregnant.’

Looking at Rohan in astonishment, I could see the blood drain from his near-human complexion. ‘I can’t be pregnant. We only did “it” last night. I’m not that great at biology, but even I know that’s impossible!’ I protested vehemently, but the proof was in the sudden jolt of extreme pain that came from my stomach, which brought me to my knees in agony. ‘FAITH!’ Rohan shouted as he ran over to me.

‘It’s not going to be easy and we don’t have a lot of time, so you need to listen and do everything I say, okay?’ Autumn began as she helped me up and we walked back to her headquarters.

‘I promise I will look after you,’ Rohan reassured me once again, as he helped me up, stroked my stomach and tried to understand this new, very sudden bombshell.

Did you enjoy this chapter? If so, please show your support for this author by VOTING for this story or leave a COMMENT to connect with me! Thanks everyone! :)

***If you cannot wait for me to update this story EVERY TUESDAY AND FRIDAY, the full book is available to purchase on Amazon, Smashwords, B&N, Kobo and iBooks***