CHAPTER TWO - FORBIDDEN LOVE (Part 3)

CHAPTER TWO – FORBIDDEN LOVE

(Part 3)

<CLICK ON THE YOUTUBE VIDEO AT THE RIGHT HAND SIDE OF THIS PAGE WHILST READING THIS CHAPTER TO ENHANCE THE EXPERIENCE>

My 17th birthday came at me with unbelievable speed and before I knew it, I was in ‘The Vitam’, and was officially married to Damien.

Things were beginning to move fast, like I was on a high-speed train with no option to get off.

I was understandably relieved when I was offered the chance to get away from my own problems by helping my parents plan Raven’s marriage to Cadarn. Unlike myself and Damien, Raven and Cadarn were happy with their arrangement and relished their new union, which gave my parents plenty of opportunities to remind me of my disobedience at this stage of my marriage.

I liked Cadarn. He was quiet, very into the circle’s philosophies and the pair of them were already inseparable. They were constantly either practicing spells with each other, or just spending time together in the Aliis World; they were young but already the ‘Golden Couple’ of the circle. Although I was happy for my sister, it just highlighted how unhappy I was with my life. I needed some breathing space.

My school was no longer a safe haven, and apart from seeing Lily when we took our exams (the retakes - neither of us was very good at Maths or Science), I was now in the routine of going to ‘mystical school’ four times a week with Damien to learn stronger protection spells and to learn more about our circle and our position within the wider Aliis World.

Damien relished this new phase of his life and constantly reminded me, ‘We’re married now - you need to start acting more like a wife and stop trying to run off all the time!’ In reply, I asked him whether us being married meant he was now my shadow…

All I wanted to do was see Rohan. He was in my head, my heart and now my dreams too.

He was so intelligent and witty; we often found ourselves talking for hours about the strangest topics as I felt so comfortable and open in his company.

We would spend long periods of time together talking about each other’s worlds. He would encourage me to step further outside of my comfort zone and try different spells, pushing my abilities to their limits. The relationship was reciprocal, as I too encouraged him to practice his mind control on the animals in the forest, or tested his speed and agility in the rougher terrain of the woods.

After a few awkward moments, namely when I forgot about his age (I often wondered how he was so worldly about certain types of music, art and literature), we connected with each other on so many levels that it seemed like we had been best friends all of our lives. Finding out about his past was the most interesting part of our meetings. ‘How old were you when you changed?’ I asked as I laid the blanket on the cold, concrete ground in the bomb bunker (the usual location for our secret rendezvous).

He sat on the sheet and handed me some water. ‘I was 17 when she turned me,’ he replied. Looking uncomfortable at my questioning, I refused to spoil the moment by probing further, so I instead held his hands in my own: ‘You don’t have to talk about it if you don’t want to.’