CHAPTER SIX - THE BLOOD DOCTOR (Part 4)

CHAPTER SIX – THE BLOOD DOCTOR

(Part 4)

<CLICK ON THE YOUTUBE VIDEO AT THE RIGHT HAND SIDE OF THIS PAGE WHILST READING THIS CHAPTER TO ENHANCE THE EXPERIENCE>

After having seizures on the floor and wondering if this is how it would all end, I took my final breath of the black smog and closed my eyes, leaving the apartment in an eerie and somewhat final silence.

In my unconsciousness, I took a long, painful trip down memory lane. I walked alone through the darkness, constantly reminded by what I’d once had - and had now lost. My mother flashed before my eyes and her colourless face showed her upset as I tried to reach out for her. She disappeared in a cloud of smoke, like every other person I tried to run after.

It was like torture; until I found myself in the fire-damaged room I’d once seen Raven in - in my dreams. ‘What am I doing here?’ I asked aloud, expecting an answer from the darkness.

There was no response, just a replay of the dream. ‘RAVEN!’ I shrieked in excitement as I ran over, and passed straight through her. ‘WHY WON’T YOU TALK TO ME?’ I cried as frustration began to take over as I watched her ignore me and continue to play out the horrible scene.

After a few attempts of trying to get her attention, I realised it was all in vain and stood back to watch the rerun again. The show tormented me with every heartbreaking second. I watched, right up until the black mass entered her body and her focus fixed upon the two ostrich eggs positioned upright in the circle.

I had had enough of not being in control, so I went into the circle and attempted to smash the eggs to get her attention. ‘NOOOO!’ she screamed like a banshee, as she regarded me as though I was a stranger. She launched into attack mode. ‘You will not kill my babies!’ she snarled as she pushed me out of the way. She snatched the eggs and escaped into the darkness, leaving me battered and bruised, wondering what had just happened. I was lying on the floor, confused and dazed, needing answers from this darkness.

I regained my balance and dusted myself off. ‘Why am I here?’ I shouted to the emptiness. There was a pause. I began to cry at my lack of understanding.

‘You need to focus on what you can’t see, to see it clearer, Faith…’ a weird voice echoed around me.

‘What do you mean?’ I shouted back, to which I received no response and the darkness started to disperse slowly, leaving me stood in the bleak, blank landscape - I could see no door through which I could escape.

After screaming for what seemed like hours, to get some attention and to find an exit, I admitted defeat, lay down on the floor and cried myself to sleep.

In a dreamless slumber, I awoke to find myself back in the colourful-again lounge, in front of a motionless Ms Vaduva.

‘Ms Vaduva, please wake up!’ I shouted as I lifted her head and splashed her with some water I grabbed from the table.

She started to stir and jumped backwards as she regained consciousness and was confronted by the initial cause of her fright.