➳ 23 | who is it?

hyungwon's pov

"Wonho are you sure she's okay with me staying over? Christmas is a pretty special time and I don't wanna be a bothe—"

"Babe, relax. I talked to her about it and she was over the moon that you'd be staying with us. Trust me, it's fine!"

Wonho rubbed circles on the back of his lovers hand, warming it up in the process against the cold winter wind when the door opened, revealing a lovely woman who's arms where already extended to give the boys a big hug.

"Ah there are my little sugarplums! You must be so cold, my poor babies!"

As I walked in the smell of a gorgeous Christmas dinner danced along my nostrils and the brightly coloured lights around the house and the Christmas tree made me feel so comfortable.

This was the second year spending Christmas without my parents but unlike last year, I'm actually around people and I was so grateful for that.

"Thank you so much Ms Shin for everything you've done for me and letting my stay in your wonderful home at this time of the year"

I learned a while ago that Wonho's parents were divorced so I didn't ever make the mistake of calling her 'Mrs Shin'.

I bowed getting on the floor to show my full gratitude but she stopped me, pulling me up with care and giving me one of the warmest smiles I've ever seen.

"C-can I call you mum?"

I subconsciously said, covering my mouth quickly after realisation hit me. It's been so long since that name slipped my lips and I knew it was wrong since I had my own mother but I was longing for that motherly feeling.

"Of course you can Hyungwon-ah, I want you to know that anyone as close to my son as you are is family to me too"

There it was.

That fuzzy feeling that exploded inside me. This Christmas seems to be going great and I wouldn't exchange this moment for the world!

—X—

INCOMING FACE-TIME FROM MUM
[ ACCEPT     |     DECLINE ]

"Hi mum, hi dad"

I smiled seeing the faces I've missed so much

"Our boy looks so handsome as always! Oh, where are you Hyungwon?"

"Uh, mum and dad I'm at Hoseok's house, um, my boyfriend"

Hoseok peeked slowly into the camera view, politely bowing a little and flashing a toothy smile.

"A handsome boy for our handsome son, I see! I believe you will take good care of our boy, Hoseok"

My dad spoke next giving a small small to hoseok, complimenting him causing Wonho to nod his head.

"You can trust me Mr Chae"