➳ 24 | our promise

hyungwonnie.94

♡    💬    ⇗                                    19,475 likeshyungwonnie

♡ 💬 ⇗
19,475 likes
hyungwonnie.94: Monsta X — my bros for life 🙏🏼 I'll miss you guys
view all 362 comments
kihyuny: Dayum my dyed hair looks good 👀 I'll miss you, our memeful giant
vita.min: YOU COME BACK AFTER YEARS JUST TO LEAVE AGAIN, IM SAD 😭 W0NNIE
jjisu: wait where were you guys in this pic??
joo.matthew: @jjisu srry, you missed your chance since you were out with your "bestie" DICKSON SMALLWANG! 🙃
wonho_: I can't believe my baby's leaving. ily my star ✨

—X—

The day for Hyungwon to leave for Japan came quicker than everyone hoped for.

Everyone tagged along to bid Hyungwon their farewell, dropping all schedules they may have had to say goodbye to him — Kihyun, Hyunwoo, Minhyuk, Jooheon, Changkyun, Wonho and Wonho's mother.

The trip to the airport was hard, Wonho didn't want to believe that his partner was leaving, leaving for years at that.

He didn't want to believe that Hyungwon was not going to be by his side, making him laugh, tease him, encourage him through his tough days and kiss him and the fact he wouldn't be able to do vice versa hurt him just as much.

'Hyungwon and Wonho haven't been dating for that long though', you may ask. Although that is true, the taller male was the first person the elder truly loved after Jisoo so him leaving was killing him more than it should.

"It's okay, babe. Everything's going to be okay"

It was now Hyungwon's turn to comfort Wonho the way the elder comforted him, rubbing the back of hand with circles.

He was looking at Wonho but Wonho didn't dare to look at him or the tears he's been holding through the whole journey will flow out. He opted for just continued to look out of the window.

It was easier that way.

—X—

"Everyone we have arrived"

Mr Ahn announced and Wonho started to get anxious.

Those very words were the words he wanted to hear the least.

Everyone started to get out, as well as the couple soon to be apart who were still hand in hand, slowly making their way inside the busy airport.

They all talked about the memories they've had so far with Hyungwon; from the first instagram encounter, Hyungwon's school transferral, their friendship, meeting Jisoo and the new couple. There was laughs all around, everyone forgetting that Hyungwon would be gone for some time and just enjoyed being in the company of each other, each and every person loving every other person around them equally.

DING DONG~

"The plane for Tokyo, Japan is about to depart, can all passengers please make their way to boarding gate 3"

It was time and Wonho didn't like it at all.

They each have Hyungwon a quick hug, savouring this moment, their last moment with their friend for a very long time

But someone was not letting go.

"Babe, I need to leave now. Please."

Wonho's grip was firm with the hand in his own, not ready for him to leave yet. He shook his head 'no', tears making his vision slightly blurry as they start to well up in his eyes.

Hyungwon sighed and brought Wonho into a long, warm embrace.

"Please don't make this harder than it is. You're not the only one hurting too. Really,"

Hyungwon tilted the shorter's face up to look up at him and smiled genuinely, no matter how hard it was to crack that smile.

"You are my strong, funny, cute, lovable boyfriend. You're Shin Hoseok and I love every single thing about you. I'll call you everyday and every night before I sleep and remind you that my feelings for you will never ever change. You hear me?"

Wonho let out a couple of sniffles before he could finally be calm enough to speak.

"You promise you'll never forget me?"

Hyungwon chuckled at how cute the other looked. It stung that he wouldn't be able to see that face in person but he was going to keep his composure.

"I promise. We're forever and always."

Hyungwon gave Wonho one last sweet kiss before he seriously had to leave.

Wonho ran into his mother's arms and he watched his lover depart all while holding in another round of tears that unfortunately did fall when the taller boy turned back, small smile showing but eyes full of gloom.

The elder couldn't look anymore.

He just made his way back first to the car but still remembered the last words,

"Forever and always"

—X—

BONUS CHAPTER NEXT  —>

if you happened to enjoy it please consider voting ^~^