[26] Surprise

[26] Surprise

Joaquin's POV

I still don't know what I'm going to give to Angel. I'm at the mall just looking around for a present.

I went to National Book Store to look for books since she loves reading books. There is this book that she have been wanting to buy. I think it's Everything Everything. I looked for it and luckily it's the last one. I grabbed it and looked around that someone might take it from me. I bought some other books that she might like and went out of the store.

Then suddenly I remembered that she likes high cut shoes. The black one with the zipper design on it. It's like military boots but it's plain black.

I went to every store that sells shoes but the shoe that she liked isn't available. But that doesn't stop me from searching the shoes. I searched in lazada. And it's there. I ordered it and paid for advance delivery.

So I have two presents for her now but it's still not enough. Just one more.

Since I can't find the things that she might like, I ate lunch since it's past noon. After that, I'll continue for my search.

***

Gaaaahhhhhhh!! What am I going to do?? It's already 4:55 in the afternoon and I can't think of a gift for Angel. Well I have books and shoes but it's still not enough.

I had nothing to do in the afternoon but buy some things that are used for parties. Like balloons, ribbons, etc. But I'm still having second thoughts about it. I'll also buy the piano that she wanted so badly. She'd been crying about it since she saw it.

I decided to go home so I went to the parking lot and put all the things that I bought in the trunk. The piano will be delivered once I said to them when to deliver it.

I saw that there were heavy traffic at the road so I went to another route.

It seems that all the stores are closed here at this hour. Except for one. I stopped my car immediately to look inside.

I parked my car and went inside the shop. It astonished me when I saw so many different kinds of pets. It has this bright atmosphere making it more lively. It's like this shop was made to be their home.

"What can I do for you sir?" an old lady came and asked me.

"I'm just finding my fiancee a birthday gift and I wonder if you could suggest a pet for me to give to her." I said while looking at the animals one by one.

"Well let me see." She said and searched for a pet.

I just roamed around the shop while waiting for her.

I looked at the cats inside the glass cage and once they saw me, they walked towards me begging to be picked. They're cute but I don't think Angel will like cats.

"I think I found the right pet for her. Please follow me." The old woman said and walked further inside the shop. We went to the dogs section and many dogs with different breeds were there barking at us.

The woman stopped walking and opened the glass cage and she grabbed a dog.

It's an american eskimo puppy. It's fir is so white and it's so cute. It's perfect.

"I just felt that your fiancee is kind but a also has an evil side though I think she's only kind to you and she loves you more than anything so this dog was the first animal that came in to my mind." The old lady said. How did she knew about that? She's amazing.

"It's perfect. I'll take it. Thank you for your suggestion." I said and she smiled. She suddenly reminds me of my grandmother.

"Since you look like a kind and a nice man I'll give you a collar for the dog. So once you gave it to your fiancee, tell her to give it a name and come back here so I can carve it." She said. Wow she is really nice.