Chapter Seventeen

Jeon Jungkook

*present time*

I begrudgingly followed the pack out into the woods, not wanting to go there, even for a run.

I was in another one of my episodes where I just missed her too much and wanted to cry. Taehyung had diagnosed me to have MSS, mate separation syndrome. I followed behind them, my tail low.

Something didn't feel right, and it hadn't since I had woken up this morning.

'Somebody is in front of us, at least forty miles.' Namjoon spoke. We all tensed, even me.

Our ears perked up at gunshots, hunters. But they couldn't see us from this far. We all then proceeded to get into the foliage and hide.

If they couldn't see us from this far, that meant there was another wolf out there-

'Whoever it is, they're moving fast. They're not a hunter, even I can sense the panic' Hoseok spoke.

'What if it's her?' I thought to them.

'I doubt it, we would have sensed her many other times on our runs Kook.' Jimin looked over at me from his bush.

'But if they're panicked, they're in danger clearly, since when did Bangtan hide? Not help?' I thought back and dove out the bushes. 'Even if it isn't her, the hunters are on our territory'

With that I ran off, my heart pounding. I couldn't hear them behind me, but the faster and harder I pushed myself the louder I could hear whoever was running towards us in panic.

I looked up after clearing a fallen tree and saw the grey wolf of Eun Bi sprinting full speed towards me, her muzzle was bleeding slightly. Her eyes widened and then the hunters entered the clearing.

They had done this. I thought to myself. That was enough to run past her to them, quickly dodging their aim and weaving so they couldn't get a direct hit. I launched myself at the main hunter, the one that had his scent on her.

I heard the hunters turn to me as I tore into the hunters neck.

"Jungkook!" She cried, her human voice sounded tired and weak. If she had ran her from her house... she was well over two hundred miles away. I heard several growls and the hunters fell, werewolves on top of them. Bangtan.

I fell human panting. I hadn't moved so fast in four years. I got back to my feet, stumbling over to Eun Bi and dropping to my knees beside her. On her cheekbone there was a graze bleeding slightly. She threw her arms around my neck gently and pulled me close.

"Eun Bi..." I breathed, the weight in my chest feeling so much lighter.

"J-Jungkook..." Her voice shook before sobs overtook her body. "They killed them, my parents. I-I was so scared."

I held her close until her sobs died down. "I'm sorry I wasn't there for you." I mumbled.

"It's okay..." Her voice was filled with sleep.

"I'll take you back to our house, fall asleep." I spoke quietly. She nodded her head resting on my chest as her eyes fluttered closed.