Chapter Thirty Nine

Kim Eun Bi

I had been living with Yugyeom for two years now, and my little girl was now on her own legs walking about yelling 'Oogi' at him.

"Come on, we have to leave Uncle Yugyeom to work." I tried coaxing her from his office.

"Oogi!" She yelled and her bottom lip wobbled, ready to cry. I sighed quietly and crouched down.

"He'll come play soon, okay?" I opened my arms and she whines loudly before waddling towards me and crying.

"I'll be done soon, you and Mama go wait for me okay, Soo Jung?" Yugyeom smiles. She looked at him with a wobbly lip still before nodding and clinging onto me.

I picked her up and she wrapped her legs around my middle.

"Thank you." I smiled and he shrugged before turning back to his laptop. I carried her down to the living room. We got there and she laid across my lap for a while, the TV on in the background as she sucked her thumb sleepily blinking.

She stayed like that for a while, she was so close to falling asleep until Yugyeom came downstairs. Her eyes snapped open at that causing you to sigh in frustration.

"Appa!" She yelled looking towards the window. I furrowed my brows.

"No, it's uncle Yugyeom." I spoke and she wiggled from my lap and ran towards the window.

"Something must be out there." Yugyeom muttered and he walked over. I followed him and scooped up Soo Jung in my arms and she clung to me.

"Appa!" She pointed again and I noticed her eyes had changed colour. My eyes widened and Yugyeom was scanning the outside.

"Eomma! Appa!" She was yelling now. My heart broke every time she said it though, because she didn't have a father. I wasn't going to let her get involved with someone who didn't love me- someone who could love anyone else he had changed.

"What did we say about Appa?" I scolded. She frowned. "I don't want to be mean to you sweetie but we don't speak to Appa."

"Oogi, Appa?" She squeaked and I sighed quietly.

"She's not wrong, I can sense the thoughts of whomever is out there." His voice was low. I sighed quietly.

"I think the game is up. They found us."

"Take Soo Jung, I'll go out." I smiled weakly, Yugyeom nodded and took her from my arms and I made my way to the front door opening it before changing. My skin rippling and my bones changing until all four paws hit the earth. That's when I saw them laying in the bushes, all thirteen of them. I stood there as the harsh wind blew against my fur.

I met his eyes first.

Jungkook's.

(This is the second to last chapter of this book~ however I do have an epilogue organised! I hope you have all enjoyed the book so far. Don't forget to comment and vote! ~B)