Chapter 6

I skipped up the stairs to the school building where I saw Val talking to Lain. He was blushing his face off while Valerie was laughing at one of his nerdy jokes. Most likely something about sculpting. Don't they look cute together. She looked over and I hid myself behind my locker door. Nice going Piper.

"I will talk to you later Valerie." I heard him start walking away. Valerie scooted over to me and I slowly moved the locker away from my face. I looked at her confused face and I smiled trying to hide the fact that I was spying.

"Would you like to explain why you were being a little spy?" She asked crossing her arms over her chest. I looked at her and shook her head.

"Nope. But, was he really funny?" I asked trying to grab my books off the top shelf. Being short like this is a fucking burden.

"Yes. Yes he is actually. Nerdy jokes are funny and witty at the same time. Who knew?" She said. I saw a muscular arm grab my books off the shelf. I turned around and Mason was looking at me with a smirk. I took the books from him.

"Thanks." I said quickly. He shrugged and smiled. I slowly turned around Val was gone. Shit Val. I turned back around and Mason was still there. Looking me in my face like he was trying to figure me out or something.

"Anything you want to talk about?" I asked.

"Yeah. You really killed it last night. You are one fast learner." I felt my self blushing. I closed my locker and I stood there. What's with the flattery?

"Uh thanks. Was that a compliment?" I asked smiling a little. He rubbed the back of his neck and nodded.

"Yeah it was. Are you planning on coming tonight?" I don't have one clue. I don't think that I can. If my mom needs me.  

"I don't know. It all depends on my mom. She's like going through some stuff." He nodded knowingly. Does he really understand what I was going through? Well, he is always asking me across the window. He reached into his pocket and took out the bag of jellybeans I had brought over.

"Here. I saved you some." I looked at it.

"No thanks. I don't really like jellybeans. You can have them." I insisted. He looked at me.

"You don't like jellybeans. What the hell they are like the best candy in the world." He said reaching his hands into the bag.

"Nope. Never did, never will." I said and I walked down the hall. He ran up along side of me and I looked at him and continued down the hall.

"You said you weren't going to plan the dance anymore right?" He asked.

"Yeah." I said.

"Are you still going?" I looked up at him. Was I going to this school dance. I never have been to a high school dance anyway.

"I am not really dance material." I said blankly.

"I think you are." I look at him confused.

"What makes you say that?"

"I can see right through your window when you have your curtains open. You are always dancing around. So, don't lie to me." I could feel myself blushing.

"Were you creeping on me?"

"Maybe." He said sarcastically nudging my arm. I stopped in front of homeroom. I looked up at him and he was already looking at me.

"Oh wow. That's very creepy." I said and the door swung open and hit me in the eye. Was I seeing stars? I quickly grasped my eye. I looked up with my normal eye and Jake was looking at me. Mason approached me and I saw Jake smiling a little.