Chapter 21

The awkwardness of Mason and I was spread school wide. Even freshmen were asking me about what happened. How do they even know my name? More or less a real high school party?

"People have been all over this break up." Val said joining me as I walked down the hall.

"I know." I said.

"Mason is a jerk and we all know that he doesn't deserve you. Have you even seen him lately."

"The window phone?"

"That doesn't even count. You need to get this thing under control before the whole town finds out about this. Its spreading like freaking fire in a forest."

"What is there to get under control. I mean it's not like I am getting back with him. He can go fuck off for all I care." I said coldly as I passed Mason sucking face with Ana up against a locker. That was a truly sickening sight.

"What ever you say. It's like a fucking disease in here." Val said looking at the other couples making out up against lockers and Val and I looked like we were lost in the crowd. Liam came towards us in the opposite direction.

"Hey." I said and he engulfed me in a hug. When he let me go Val's eyebrows shot up in suspicion. I hadn't told her about the situation between Liam and I. I guess the time is now.

"Liam this is my best friend of all time. Valerie this is Liam, Liam this is Valerie." I introduced and they gave each warm smiles and one awkward hand shake. I smiled a little and Liam put his arm around my waist.

"So, you guys are like-"

"Yeah. You can say that." I said cutting her off and she smiled.

"Well, I am happy for you. So, I will leave you two to your teenage love and I am going to go find Lain." She said smiling and turning on her heel and walking away around the corner towards the art room.

"I missed you." Liam said kissing my forehead.

"I missed you more."

"Ha. Good luck with that one. My mom would like you to come over for dinner tonight with your mom. Her words not mine."

"I will ask her. She will be siked." I said and he wrapped both of his arms around me.

"You know my mom won't stop talking about you. I don't think that she can wait for tonight." I felt myself blushing as Liam pulled me into a hug.

"I really have to get to class now." I said. He pulled away from me and a smile played onto the edge of his lips and I smiled a little.

"Can I have a kiss?" He asked. I shook my head. He pouted and I rolled my eyes and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"Happy?" I asked. He shook his head.

"Too bad. I will see you at lunch." I said. I waved goodbye and headed through the hallway and took the next right to see Mason looking at me.

"Hi Piper."

"Don't call me that." I said calmly.

"I can say what I want." I said.

"What the hell do you want?" I asked.

"There is a competition in two weeks. It's in Tampa Florida. Are you up for it?" He asked leaning up against the locker. He couldn't be serious.

"No, shit face. I am not in the band anymore." I said simply. He looked confused and I stood there looking at his pathetic soul fall to the floor.

"What are you talking about? You are the best guitarist that we have had ever since Adam. You can't just up and leave the band."