Chapter 26

I put my guitar across my body and pushed it onto my back. I slipped my pick into the pocket of my shorts. I adjusted my black ankle boots and my fishnet stockings. I grabbed my mascara and put a thick layer on my eyes and a thin layer of eyeliner. My hair fell onto my shoulders and back. I looked presentable.

I walked out the bathroom and pulled down my loose gray shirt. Everyone was waiting in room already dressed. Jake was twirling around drumsticks in his fingers.

"Is everyone informed about the plan?" I asked. They all looked up at me and James looked confused.

"What plan?" James asked.

"Liam didn't tell you what the plan was?" I asked. I looked at Liam who was holding onto his guitar in his own manly world.

"So, the plan is to get back at Mason." I said. They seemed to pay attention after I said that. I smiled a little.

"How do you think you are going to do this?" Kendall asked.

"This is where it gets fun. When were on stage I am going to screw up the chords on purpose. So, they will loose on my account. It will be fun, to me anyway." I could see a smirk come onto Jake's face.

"She's a clever one." Liam said wrapping his arm around me.

"Yeah, and if it doesn't work out?" James asked.

"There's no consequence because Mason can't do anything to me. If Ana tries anything, I can fight." James raised his eyebrows.

"That would be a fight to see." Kendall said amused.

"Whatever." I said.

"So, I guess we should head out now to sign in." Liam said. I headed out the door first and I saw Mason and Ana talking all the way down the hall. Mason caught a glimpse of me and smiled.

"Hey Piper!" He yelled. I sighed.

"Kick Ass out there today." Liam said.

"Okay, love you." I said kissing him.

"Love you too." He said before catching up with the rest of the guys. I walked down the hall proudly. By that time Ana was gone and it was just Mason and I.

"Good morning sunshine."

"What do you want?" I asked.

"Attitude, gotta change it for the competition." I rolled my eyes.

"Seriously."

"Yeah. Plus, the guys are happy that you are joining the band again."

"What's your point?" I asked.

"That rag-tag team you were with couldn't win if the world depended on it."

"Like you are any better." I scoffed.

"We are cupcake." He said smirking.

"No your not. That ego is going to get you in some deep shit."

"Says who?"

"Me."

"What are you going to do? Go tell your boyfriend to break my jaw. Snap back into reality Piper. Everything can't go your way."

"We'll see." I said. He didn't take me seriously. He just laughed in my face. If you wanna play like that Mason. Let's see who wins.

******************

The ride to the arena was so awkward and unbearable. I was so ready to get out and walk the rest of the way there.

"I don't want you flirting with Mason." Ana scolded.