Chapter 20

I walked into school and Val came rushing up to me causing me to bump into my locker. I don't think anyone saw but Val. She smiled a little then her face went back to her serious face.

"Where have you been?" Val asked. Her eyes filled with confusion.

"I needed to get myself together. Its been crazy lately." I said.

"You left the dance and Mason and I couldn't find you anywhere." I nodded as I noticed Jake walk past me with a couple of friends. He didn't look at me or try to talk to me. His face was pretty bruised up though. Thanks Liam.

"I know. I just needed to clear my mind. I couldn't stay at the dance."

"I heard that Mason was having a heated discussion with Ana." Val said casually leaning up against the locker next to mine.

"What do you mean?" I asked. I threw my bag into the locker and held my grip on my guitar case. I didn't even want to look at Val. I knew what I was about to hear was going to set me in the danger mood.

"Ana was all over Mason. I guess that's what he ditched you for. It was too good to be true. Who knows what happened at the after party though. Liam wasn't there to my surprise. He's been gone for a while too." He's been with me. Talking to me. Not the small talk, real talking.

"Hey Piper." I heard Mason's voice boom through the hallways and everyone's eyes turned to look at Mason and I. What's the deal?

"Didn't he sleep with Ana?" I heard a voice say and I could feel my face turning red.

"Yeah. She would be a total whore to be still with him." I heard another.

"Mason doesn't even deserve her." I heard a manly voice say and I didn't even look around. My eyes were fixed coldly on Mason coming towards me.

"I need to talk to you." He touched my arms and I snatched it away. He looked at me confused and Val stood and watched. I wasn't in the mood for talking to him at the moment.

"No, you don't." I said.

"Its not what you think."

"You sleeping with Ana is not what I think?" His face turned red. I slammed my locker shut and I walked quickly down the hall looking for Liam. I turned the corner just to be swarmed by Ana and her little mutts.

"I guess I got to him before you. Sorry."

"Take him. Keep him. He's not worth it. I should have known he would stoop low to an attention seeking whore!" I yelled in her face.

"Oh you haven't seen the worst yet." I pushed her out of my way. I walked out the two front doors of the school and noticed a car pulling into the parking lot. I ran towards it tears streaming down my face and Liam's head appeared from the open door.

"Piper? What's wrong?" He said rushing over to me. I hugged him as hard as I could and I felt his arms wrap around me. I miss him so much.

"Mason cheated on me. He cheated on me." I said my voice getting shakier by the moment. My tears ruining his shirt and I could feel my hair wheeling in the wind.

"When?"

"I don't know. It had to be between the time of the after party and the morning after. I don't know." I said sobbing into his shirt.

"You are too good for him anyway. You deserve so much better." Liam said in my ear and I felt his head rest on my shoulder. I could smell his scent which made me want to hold onto him longer. He let me go and looked at me.

"You tell me that all the time."

"No, I don't."

"Your eyes say different." I say. A smile reached his face and a small one made mine.