Chapter 12

I opened the door to the bathroom to see Mason looking at me. I couldn't read his expression. I saw Val holding the phone away from her body and I made my way past Mason.

My hair was still wet and it was hanging down on my shoulders. Leaving my bangs sitting somewhere on the top of my head.

"Thanks Val." I whispered. She nodded and passed me the phone and I slowly put it against my ear.

"Who is it?" I asked.

"It's me your father." My whole mood went south as I heard his voice.

"What do you want?" I asked. I heard a deep long sigh on the other side of the phone.

"If you are wondering your mom is here with me." I was relieved when I heard that she was safe.

"Why is she with you?" I asked almost angry.

"You know she came looking for me?" She said.

"You know I know." I hissed. Val and Mason were both looking at me with surprise.

"Well, she's not coming back anytime soon." He said smoothly and I had made a really confused face.

"Why? Where is she!" I yelled into the phone.

"She's here with me. She says she doesn't want to leave me. I don't blame her. I can make her happy unlike her dead beat ass daughter." I felt tears fall down my face.

"You don't fall so far from the tree!" I yelled.

"So, don't worry about her. She is safe with me."

"I can't believe this! Can I talk to her?" A flash of pain spread across Mason's face as he saw me crying on the phone.

"No. She's not available at this moment."

"What the hell do you mean by that?" I asked.

"She's high right now. She is high as a kite."

"Don't fucking call here again or I swear-"

"Don't worry about it. I don't give a shit about you anyway. Your mom just asked to call as a favor. Don't get your hopes up high for another." I hung the phone up on him and I threw the house phone at the wall. I pushed my hair back off my face.

"Who was that?" Val asked. I cringed at the thought of talking to father again.

"My father." I said lowly.

"What did he say?" Mason asked.

"My mom isn't leaving him like I thought she would. She's actually leaving me. For good this time." I said wiping the tears off my face. Mason walked over to me and hugged me. I embraced him.

"Oh my god." Val said.

"Why would she do this to me?" I sobbed into Masons shoulder. His arms were wrapped around me tighter than before.

"Although, you don't have your parents you have us. The only ones who knows about your deal. I know I am here for you." Val said trying to reassure me.

"I am here for you too." Mason kissed me on the forehead. I nodded at them both.

"Thanks guys." I said and Val smiled at me. I smiled a little. I could feel Masons hands in my hair and I felt safe with him. Although, my life was so far from a safe house in paradise.

"Come on. We can hang out my house until band practice." He said. We walked together and I grabbed my keys and my guitar off my desk. We headed out my house and made our way over to Masons house.

*

I saw Chris and Adam walk into the man cave. They were laughing and talking until Mason interrupted their conversation with a bold voice.