Chapter 18

I haven't had much time to play my guitar. It feels like I had been avoiding Mason and the band. Liam has been stalking around and Mason is still wanting to know what is wrong with me. I don't know what's wrong me. I can't help but think about Mason and Liam. Why am I thinking about them both?

"Piper." I heard my name as my room door opened. Val slid into my room and I kept looking at the floor. She took a seat next to me.

"Hey Val."

"What's up with you? You have been looking like a depressed sailor ever since this morning." I wiped my face with my hands and I looked up.

"I don't know what to do." I said. Val didn't say anything for a while.

"With the whole Liam and Mason thing?" Val asked. She scooted over to me and sat in front of me. I looked at her.

"Yeah." I said lowly.

"Choose who you want. You like them both right?"

"I don't even know. Which is the problem right now. I can't figure it out. It seems like my mind is trying to get him away but my heart brings me closer to Liam. I am fighting myself right now." I said and Val seemed to understand my pain.

"I know you are going to figure it out. I can't give you any advice." I looked up at her with confusion.

"Why not?" I asked.

"I am the girl who completely left Lain alone. In which she still likes him and is too much of a punk to tell him. I am almost on the same page."

"But, I have it worse. Two guys who like me but the question is who do I actually like back." I said. I heard a knock on my door and I stood up and brushed my clothes off. My muscles started to ache almost instantly because of how long I had been sitting on the floor.

"Who is it?" I asked.

"Mason." I heard his voice through the door. I slowly opened the door and let him in. His eyes looked at me and then at the standing Val behind me. I let him in and I shut my door.

"It's a party over here." Val commented and a smile never appeared onto her face. Mason kissed me on the cheek and I just stood there frozen. Mason touching my body wasn't feeling the same anymore. Nothing was.

"Yeah." I said.

"So, Piper. There's a dance tonight and would you like to go with me?" He asked. I am not a dance person. The only moves I can make is the ones on my guitar. No more. No less.

"Yeah. She's going." Val said before I could say anything. Mason looked at me and I nodded yes. Why?

"Ok, I guess I will talk to you later tonight." He said. Of course. The window to window phone. I opened my door and he walked out and I waved goodbye to him. I closed my door and I turned around to the amused Val.

"Why did you do that?" I asked.

"I want to see what's going to happen." I rolled my eyes and strolled to my closet where it was a jumbled mess that I never even bothered fixing.

"My God woman. It looks like you took your anger out on your clothes." I smirked and I looked at the mix of t-shirts and jeans. Anything that resembled any dark color was mixed up into a glob of tangled and wrinkled clothing.

"It's ok to go to a dance with converses right." I asked and Val slapped my arm. Hard.

"No! You are wearing a real dress and some presentable shoes."

"We are not meeting the queen." I said rubbing my sore arm.

"So. Its always nice to conform to conformity once in a while." I rolled my eyes.