Chapter 17

I woke up and my eyes opened slowly and I was starring my ceiling. I took a deep breath and I flipped the covers off my body. Friday. Why do you even exist? I looked up and I saw someone standing in front of me. My heart skipped a beat and when I saw who it was.

"How the hell did you get into my house?" I asked inching away from Liam. He was wearing a hoodie and some dark wash jeans. His usual wear even when we were together.

"Easy. Climb up here." He pointed to the tree that was not so far from my window. Enough for someone to get into my window at night.

"Why are you here?" I asked grasping a baseball bat that was at my door. The one that I used to almost beat Val to death when she was in my room.

"I want you to listen to what I have to say." I rolled my eyes.

"I don't give a shit about what you have to say. You said enough two months ago. What happened to that hell of a woman named Gina?" I asked in complete anger.

"She committed suicide not so long ago. Plus, we broke up before that."

"Every time you try to leave someone they try to commit suicide."

"You sure about that?"

"I tried myself." I turned my wrist and showed him the scar from the cut that I made. It's not all that noticeable but I remember it well.

"Oh my god."

"Save it. I don't need to hear it."

"You do need to hear it. I was a jerk and I really miss you. More than you could ever imagine."

"After the whore you come crawling back. Pathetic." I said. I looked at him.

"But, I had soon realised that you have a boyfriend. He was really protective of you." He said.

"Yeah, he gets jealous." I said obviously. Of course he was going to be protective of me. He worries a lot. He is around me a lot. With some guy he doesn't know looking at me the way Liam did set him off into the high heavens.

"Of course he would. I saw how he looks at you which made me really jealous. I can't believe that I left you for Gina. You were actually a real girlfriend." Liam said and I felt my heart race.

"I can't get back together with you." I said. He shoved his hands in his pockets.

"I know but I am not going to stop fighting for you though." He said. I looked at him but it wasn't the same anymore though. Something about him was different and it wasn't the Liam I was with before.

"You can't win this one. I tried fighting but I soon came to lose that battle and I am not revisiting that battlefield again." I said. He seemed to have remembered.

"But, you still have feelings for me?" He asked.

"No."

"But, I still do for you. Doesn't that count for something."

"Yeah. Get the hell out of my room." I said. I pointed to the window. If my mom knew I had a guy in my room she would flip. Mason would flip shit on me.

"You don't see what I see."

"What am I not seeing?" I asked.

"That we could still be back together. That we could start over."

"I don't see that anywhere in my future. I told you before. I. Will. Never. Forgive. You." I said harshly as I saw that he took it almost to heart.

"I will see you at school." He said lowly. I saw him climb out of my window and climb onto the tree and he was on the ground before I knew it.

"Shit." I mumbled. I pushed the stray hairs out of my face. School? He's going to my school? This will not end well.

* Mason P.O.V

I met Piper at the front doors of the school and she looked just as beautiful as any other day. I hugged her and it seemed that she hugged me back.

"Good morning sunshine." I said.

"You know I look like hell." She said looking up at me. Her eyes were glimmering in the sunshine.

"No you don't."

"I think you are privileged to say that so I don't leave you." She teased and I wrapped an arm around her.

"You know that I would never say you look like hell." I said and I could see her smiling. I saw a guy walking towards us. More like walking towards Piper.

"Piper, where is the main office." I could see how uncomfortable he was under the hood of his hoodie.

"Go down the hall make a left." She said. Not so much cheer in her voice.

"Thanks." He said lowly but his voice was deep and hoarse. Piper didn't say anything as the guy walked past us and I could only feel Piper getting tense under my grasp.

"Who was that?" I asked. She didn't answer. I stopped us in the middle of the hallway and I looked at her. Her sad eyes looking into mine.

"Who was that?" I asked again.

"Liam." She said lowly and her voice shaky like she was going to cry.

"Why are you about to cry then?" I asked. I know she wasn't herself ever since Liam had came around. Hell, he won't take her away from me. She is all I have and the band. I never had anything, never will have anything but Piper really.

"It's nothing. I need to go to class now." She said hastily removing herself from my grasp. She didn't want to talk to me about what was going on. She probably won't ever tell me what is going on. I probably will never find out what was going on.

"Okay." I said almost silently as she disappeared into the growing crowd of teenagers and I was stuck standing in the hallway looking clueless as can be. I looked to my left to find Ana putting posters up. One directly on my locker.

"Oh, hey Mason. Are you coming to the dance?" She asked stopping to look at me. Her lips were glossed up and her mascara making her blue eyes pop under the light. They were beautiful.

"Uh, I don't know."

"Well, if you make up your mind I am in need of a date." Ana said willingly walking towards me.

"I were to I would go with Piper. Not you." I said coldly as I ripped the paper off my locker.

"Whatever you say. I will just see you at the after party then." She said waving the papers. Her seductive smile playing onto her lips as she walked down the hall. Her hips swinging away and I shook her image out of my head.

"I can't help but notice the way you looked at Ana." I heard a voice say next to me. I looked and Val stood there popping her gum.

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"You still have feeling for her. Everyone knows that you are just using Piper for sex."

"We never had sex."

"Not yet anyway." Val said walking around me her heels making a familiar beat as she walked around me in a slow but alluring way. Her hand scaled across my back and it sent shivers up my spine.

"I would never-"

"Save it for another time. I know you Mason Chance. You hurt my best friend and you can say goodbye to that perfect little life," She said her voice colder than ice. "Try. Me." I watched her walk away and I stood at my locker. My eyes dead locked on the combination.

Although, I did a bunch of hooking up on the weekends before Piper rolled around I would never do that to her. If I did I would get my ass kicked and I would have no reputation what so ever. I don't know what Piper would do to herself if I ever hurt her like that.

She could just kill herself this time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I had to get this to ya because my friend would not stop asking me to upload so here it is. I will upload as soon as possible and be awesomely swelly. Heck Yeah!!!

-BlackStarzz