Epilogue

Crazy things have been happening. Not just in the hospital but with me. 

I was never taken back by the police only because of the circumstances of my mental condition. I wasn't crazy but I was depressed, suicidal, and just scared of the world outside as normal people knew it. As I knew it.

Liam wasn't exaggerating one bit when he said he was going to be visiting me in my dreams each night. Sometimes, I even enjoyed his company but others I was just in bad condition to even see him. It only brought me back to that one day. 

No happy memories. My mind is just fixed on that heart shattering day that won't go away. No matter how many types of medication they give me. I still scream each night in my sleep. Making it more painful until it's over.

I wasn't bothered. I wasn't mad. I wasn't annoyed. As they say here, I am just confused. A lost confused soul. Lost in myself and can't find my real person to come out. Sometimes, I even believe them.

My mom never comes to visit me and I was just alone. She sent me all of my clothes. Most of them were in evidence at a police station somewhere.

I never really talk to anyone. I never really looked at anyone. I must have been every mothers dream child at that moment. Even my mom's. She was too disappointed in me. She wanted me to come home. I said no. I wasn't ready. Never will be.

So, every time she would call me at the hospital I would keep conversation until she said something about coming home and I would hang up on her. She doesn't call anymore. I don't need to hear her voice. We have distanced a lot but I just feel like I don't exactly need anyone anymore.

"Hi, Tess." Manny said sitting next to me in the cafeteria. I must have forget to mention him. He is one of the many suicidal boys and girls that are here too. We were all connected somehow but I have yet to figure it out between the lines.

I would call him my friend but were not all that close. Just a few days a week we cross paths. Not much we talk. It's hard to be close anyone anymore. I am just scared it would all happen again. Crazy but it's the sad reality.

Manny was a taller guy with shaggy dark blond hair and shimmering dark eyes. You would wonder how he ended up in a mental institution. People have said that about me variety of time. I ask myself that all the time.

"Hey." I said pushing my green plastic tray away from me and looked at him. He had a bright smile on his face. Like always.

"Outside today." He said lowly for just us to here. I nodded and smiled a little. We sneak out every Saturday and go to the roof and just sit and watch. Makes me feel better, sometimes. Sometimes we would steal pudding and eat it up there too. Pretty fun.

"Let's do it." I said laughing a little as we both went for our weekly escape. But, I know you already know what the ending of this is.. 

~THE END~