Chapter 13

I found myself slowly dying inside as each day of the week went by with no sign of my mom. I miss her and I wished she would have chose me over my father. Ana and her pack of mutts were terrorizing me all day and I just feel like laying down and dying.

"I see you are still with my man." Ana said walking towards me. Her accent ringing in my ears and I felt like my head was going to explode.

"He's not yours." I said lowly trying to figure out what was going on.

"Who told you that little white lie?" She asked stepping closer to me and my ears beating at the sound of her heels touching the floor.

"No one. I found out for myself. It's not that hard to see considering he wouldn't stoop so low for a hoe like you." My head was hurting.

"Oh really-" Ana said and I heard Mason's husky voice travelling down the hall and soon enough Ana was backing away from me as the little bitch she was.

"This isn't over." She snapped and walked away with all the other girls.

"Oh, I'm sure it's not." I mumbled. Mason caught up to me he was out of breathe and I am sure that he noticed how bad I was looking.

"Are you ok?" He asked. He wipped the hair off my face which was sweating harder than I thought.

"I am fine. I think." I said. He wasn't sure to believe me and I don't even think I can believe myself when I said that. I wasn't ok. I haven't eaten or slept in days on end.

"Do you need to go to the hospital? You look pale as death." Mason commented. That's how you make a girl feel better Mason.

"No. I will be alright." I said. As I began to move away from my locker dizziness over took me and arms wrapped around me before I could fall.

"No, I need to take you to the hospital." His words were faint and the headache blocked out the rest of the words that he was saying. It was all a jumbled mess. I could feel my body lifted off the ground and after that I couldn't feel or see a thing.

*

I woke up to running noises and talking nurses and doctors in my ear. What's going on? I moved my arm but something snatched my arm back in place in restraint. I opened my eyes to see two nurses. One man and one woman looking at me. Eye to eye.

"How do you feel honey?" The woman asked. I could feel pain all through my body and it rushed back memories that I couldn't fight away from appearing my head.

"It hurts." I choked out from my dry tongue.

"Well, it's going to hurt for a little while longer." The man said and I tilted my head back. I felt a hand in my hair and I looked and sure enough it was Mason or my mom. I couldn't see straight. My eyes were now hurting.

"Please relax." The man said and I tried to lay back still while the small flashlight was examining my eyes. I felt some relief when the pain started going away in my body. I closed my eyes and I felt no one touching me anymore.

I opened my eyes again and now I was actually seeing my mom. Her face was looking at mine. It was full of tears. Were they tears for me? I looked around and I saw Mason at the foot of my bed with his hands shoved in his pockets. He looked at nervous wreck.

"Mom?" I asked. She smiled a little and kissed my forehead.

"I thought you were going to die." She sobbed.

"I am not going to die." I said.

"I missed you."

"Where did you go exactly?" I asked tears forming in my eyes.

"I went to find your father." She said plainly.

"He said-" I began to say and she silenced me. 

"He was lying. He refused to come back with me or rehab. He didn't like the fact and told me that I had to leave and he must have called you." She said rubbing her hand through my hair.

"Why didn't you call me?" I asked.

"My phone had no reception where he was." That makes sense. The door swung open and the doctor appeared flipping pages. 

"May I talk to you Ms. Andrews?" She nodded and left the room and it left Mason and I in an awkward silence. 

"Why did you do it? You could have died you know." 

"I was hurting." I said plainly. 

"That's not the point! You passed out in the middle of the hallway! You don't know how worried I was." He shouted at me and I sighed. 

"I can't help but worry about my mom. My mom is all I ever had. I need her." I said. He looked like he understood me and then again he wasn't on my side. 

"I can't do this anymore." He said and I looked at him. He was serious.

"What are you talking about?" I asked and he started pacing the floor looking at the ground.

"I don't think this is going to work out. You are always sad and depressed and what am I supposed to do? You almost died." He said. He looked at me without looking in my eyes.

"I don't think you understand."

"I guess I don't." He said. He didn't say anything else and walked out the room and closed the door. I wiped my hand over my face and I closed my eyes. 

"Oh my god." I said to myself and I sat in the silence of the room and I felt like crying. How did I lose him?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did ya like? Sorry it's short. I had to write something for you guys because sadly I have a project for the end of the school year!!!! But, anyway be awesome and vote and comment. Eat ice cream while skydiving! Do it like a BOSS!

-BlackStarzz