Holding Out - Chapter Six

"I hope I'm not interrupting you." he said still standing outside my door. He. Looked. So. Good. His hair was nicely slicked back so that his long lashed green eyes shown clearly.

He was wearing a dark fitting suit that perfectly showed off his dazzling body. I swear I almost drooled at the sight of him at my door.

I had to quickly compose myself when I become aware of him grinning at my obvious eye raping.

I noticed by now everyone was looking. I stood up and walked to the door. Isaac pulled his hand from behind his back and I saw that he was holding a rose.

All at once all the women in the office let out a adoring sigh.  I laughed to myself and rolled my eyes, saps. 

"Come in." I said pulling him into my office. "I'm actually glad you came. I was going to call you and tell you that, even though I thought the gestures were really nice. It has to stop."

"Go out with me tonight." He said taking a step closer to me, ignoring what I'd just said. 

I could feel his breath on my skin and I didn't know if I would be able to keep my hands to myself. "Did you hear what I just said?" I asked in barely a whisper, taking another step back.

"Yeah." He said nodding his head. "Go out with me...tonight." he stepped closer again.

"I..." I felt him getting closer and I couldn't breathe. My mind was screaming yes. "I can't." I breathed.

Isaac looked like he was trying to figure out a hard math problem, "is it because I'm white?" he asked raising his brow.

I looked at him shocked, "of course not!" I protested; Even though I'd never gone out with a white guy before I didn't have problem with it. "I just don't think it's a good idea for you to try to get involved with me."

Isaac let out a sigh, "well that's really too bad." He said walking to the door taking a seat on the floor. He was sitting right in the doorway.

My eyes grew wide, "What are you doing! Get up now!" I whispered.

"I'm sorry Jade but I made it up in my mind that I wasn't leaving here until you agreed to go out with me. Once my mind is made up there really isn't much you can do about it."

This was unbelievable, "are you serious right now? You're going to sit on my floor until I go out with you? This is your plan?"

"Very comfortable carpet in this office." He said teasingly. "Should we call for lunch?"

I put my hands on my hip, "I could call security and have them drag your ass out of here."

Isaac didn't budge; he just sat there and stared at me with those intrusive green eyes.

At that moment I heard a wave of chatter. Some people were looking at Isaac as if her were completely insane. Most of them were looking at him with adoration. I heard a few people yelling for me to say yes. 

"You're sticking with this?" I said rolling my eyes.

"One date." He said with a crooked grin on his face.

I bit my bottom lip trying to contain the smile forming. This guy was mind-boggling.

I threw my hands up in the air in defeat. "Fine!" I yelled and everyone in the office cheered. Isaac leaped up from the doorway with a victorious smile on his face. "But I get to pick the place," I said.

"No problem." He said still smiling. Little did he know, I was about to wipe it right off.