Holding Out - Chapter 31

​"Happy Birthday!" Isaac said standing on his terrace with a single cupcake in hand.

It was decorated as a flower and had a single candle in the middle. "Make a wish." He said handing me the cupcake.

I walked out onto the balcony where he was standing and I thought for a minute.

I tried, but I couldn't think of a thing to wish for.

Suddenly I noticed a ball of light in the sky. Another falling star. I smiled and closed my eyes, "Thank you." I whispered before blowing out the candle.

I gave Isaac a quick peck on the cheek which quickly turned into a more passionate kiss. Even though we'd been dating for almost a year now it still felt like the first kiss every time.

"Will I ever get tire of this?" I asked as I nestled into his chest.

"I hope not." He said planting a kiss on top of my head.

"Me too."

"I have a surprise for you." he said mischievously.

"Really now?" I grinned.

"Yes but I order to get it you have to promise me that you will love me for as long as I want."

"Oh great." I joked. "And how long will I have to endure that torture?"

Isaac put his hands over my eyes and turned me around. When he pulled my hands I was at the edge of the balcony staring out at the city.

I narrowed my eyes confused until I heard screaming from below. I looked down and on the sidewalk there was both of our family holding up a huge banner that read 'MARRY ME?' I gasped and turned to Isaac who was now on one knee with a gorgeous diamond ring in his hand.

"How about forever?" he said.

Hi guys!! Hope you enjoyed my story. Don't forget to comment, follow, and like! My next story will be coming soon. Until then 😘