Holding Out - Chapter 27

My room was dark as I lay on my bed waiting for my alarm to sound. The memory of yesterday played in my mind. I didn't know it would hurt this much. I got ready and made my way to work. As soon as I stepped in my office Jason was there waiting. I was not in the mood for him today. Before I could tell him to leave he stood up and spoke.

"You look like Shit Jones." He smirked.

"Please leave." I said unamused.

"You know I have been really nice to you. Yet you treat me like I'm just any other man on the street. I think you need to learn who is in charge here." He said closing my office door.

"Jason what the hell are you doing?" I said as he stepped closer. "Stop or I'm calling security."

"All day long you walk around here in your tight little outfits, teasing me. You think I don't see how you look at me? I know you want me."

"The only thing I want is for you to leave me alone. Now!" I said shaking with anger.

"I love it when you play hard to get. But I'm tired of playing now." he said pushing me face first into the wall, crushing his body against mine.

Not again. I felt disgusted as he ran his hand up my skirt and between my legs. Putting his other hand over my mouth.

"I told you, you would be nice to me one way or the other." He said angrily. "Bet your boyfriend won't give it to you this good."

As soon as he mentioned Isaac I got angrier. With all of my strength I pushed myself off the wall sending us both flying to the floor knocking over everything on my desk.

I scrambled away from Jason when he grabbed my leg and I kicked him square in the face. He stumbled back and I stood up and kicked him in the groin before throwing a hard right hook sending him back to the ground.

Then, I picked up the phone to dial 911.

"You're finished!" Jason groaned form the floor.

"Hello, I need officers at Stanton publishing 1191 magnolia Ave. Tenth floor; I was just attacked by my boss Jason Stanton." I said to the operator who told me that the police were already in route.

"Who's gonna believe you?" he said still in pain on the floor.

I put the phone down, "I've been recording everything that goes on in this office for the last 6 months you idiot." I pointed to the hidden cameras that were all over my office.

Jason began to sob when he saw that I was telling the truth. "Make sure you play nice in prison." I said as security walked in.

"You little slut!" Jason yelled lunging towards me. I threw a punch that landed right on his nose and he fell back into the arms of the security officers. They quickly lead him out of the office. I noticed as he was being pulled away all the women in the office were smiling.

It felt great! Jason wouldn't be able to hurt anyone anymore. I had to tell Isaac. Then I suddenly remembered the events of yesterday; the image of Isaac's sad eyes staring at me. The image of him walking away flooded my mind.

What had I done? I was so worried about him hurting me that I hadn't even realized how bad I had hurt him.

How could I let Vivian get in my head like that? Who cares what she thought. I made a huge mistake, I needed Isaac. I missed him. I felt so stupid. I had to see him.

I grabbed my purse and sprinted from my office to Isaac's house. Hopefully he would forgive me. I would apologize and we would be perfect like we were before Vivian plagued my doorstep.

I cursed myself for hurting him like that. I wanted him back. Screw Vivian.

I stepped up to Isaac's apartment building which was only 10 minutes away since I ran the whole way.

I was about to ring the bell to his place when I saw something that crushed me.

Isaac was in the lobby waiting for the elevator. He was holding hands with a young blonde girl.

He turned and hugged her slowly, not the hug you give a friend.

She then leaned in and kissed his cheek, again not the kiss you'd give a friend.

My heart broke all over again as they disappeared into the elevator. I ran before they could see me. Once again I felt the pain build up as my eyes over poured. I was too late. Vivian was right, He'd moved on.