Movement (P.P)

So I found this on my favorite Tumblr account so credit to her. @pete-rparker https://pete-rparker.tumblr.com/post/164836780395/movement

//
Peter hears the soft creak of the floor in the apartment next to his. His neighbor must be waking up, the floorboard by her bed creaks every time she steps on it. He chews on his cereal thoughtfully as he shifts in his chair, hitting the floorboard the squeaks by his table. He imagines she waits for his squeak in reply to her creaks. Their movements revolve around each other.

At least, that's what he imagines.

He imagines her life is much calmer than his. While his footsteps fly from one room to another, doors slamming in his wake and soft curses falling from his mouth as he knocks his elbows into the side of tables, hers are even as she moves from one room to another, doors softly clicking in her wake and a soft melody falling from her mouth. She dances from room to room, a unique tune in her mind that no one else knows.
He hears her room door click shut as she hums a new tune, the music floating into his apartment. He's glad Aunt May allowed him to stay home when she goes on her business trip to New York. It's allowed him a kind of freedom to listen to his neighbor that he hasn't had before.

Her footsteps walk from one end to the other, he imagines she's twirling around as she's gathering ingredients for her breakfast. He stands, knocking his elbow into his table, a curse flying out of his mouth. He thinks he hears a snicker, but he's not sure. He tosses his dishes into his sink just as the smell of freshly brewed coffee enters his nose. She's a coffee drinker. That's a surprise to him.

This mystery girl in his mind is calm, like the sea after a rainstorm, and smart. He imagines she's musically inclined and always walks with a rhythm. She's the type of girl to read on the subway and nod her head to a melody only she can hear. She is never unkind and helps old ladies cross the street. She's everything Peter Parker isn't.
(Y/N) smiles to herself as her cup fills with coffee. She hears dishes clatter into her neighbors sink and she smiles a little bigger. Her neighbor never seems to do the dishes right away. She imagines it's because he doesn't think it's important. She hears his floorboard creaks as he walks from room to room, his footfalls loud and everywhere. He must be late for something. His life seems chaotic. He never seems to gather his possessions in a reasonable manner, he's always running from room to room. A loud bang is heard and she gasps, tempted to check on him. He must've dropped something. A curse word confirms her hypothesis.

She imagines her neighbor as a chaotic good force in the universe. The type of person to loose someone's notes on accidently, but help them create better ones. He's someone who would never be able to dance without stepping on someone's toes, but would try his damnest to dip his partner into a kiss. He'd give out cringyingly adorable, yet cliché, valentine's cards.

As she walks to her dining table, a floorboard creaks. In response, one of her neighbor's doors shuts. She hopes that he's listening for her movements. Waiting for her to go to sleep or wake up, waiting for her to eat or leave the apartment. She goes to bed early and rises at a reasonable time. She never seems to be able to fall asleep when he does. Sometimes she gets woken up by windows slamming shut at 3 a.m. A late hour for her neighbor to be going to bed at. Never the less, she's learned to hear it in her sleep; it makes it easier for her to sleep.

She eats in silence, scratching notes into her notebook about her classes. Reminders are scribbled into the blank space on the sides. She finishes her breakfast and does her dishes before beginning to gather her posessions for the day. Her mother is still sleeping, since she works third shift.

Peter hears the water running and stopping. His neighbor does her dishes right away, never letting them pile up in the sink. He glances over at his overflowing sink and sighs. Maybe he should start doing what she does.

He gathers his things and stands in front of his door, taking a moment to take a deep breath. He opens the door at the same time as his neighbor does.

//

AIRHWKDHSKNDKWHDKEN SHE SAYS THAT THERE WILL BE PART TWO SO IF YOU WANNA SEE PART TWO FIRST BECAUSE I WILL PROBABLY UPDATE PART TWO LIKE A TWO DAYS AFTER SHE UPDATES HERS GO TO HER ACCOUNT.