Chances (P. P)

Disclaimer if you don't want to be low key spoiled don't read this chapter.

And please don't spoil the movie in the comments

Just saw Infinity War and it inspired me. If you haven't watched it, be prepared, the ending will kill you.

There will be another version of this chapter but when most people watched the movie already.

Somewhere Only We Know— song of the chapter
"This could be the end of everything."

//

"Relationships aren't necessary." You let out a frustrated sigh, shoving the books into your locker.

"Maybe it's just what you need." Ned tried to convince you, for the tenth time that day.

"It's not what I want or need." You punched the locker closed, closing for your eyes for a brief second, trying to suppress your anger that was about to erupt out of your veins.

Ned tried to talk but you stopped him. "And if you try to convince me one more time, Ned, I'll stop being your friend." You know that he was just trying to help his best friend, Peter out but you couldn't help but be mean, you just wanted Ned to stop.

"Why, Y/n?" Ned sighed with his shoulders slumped against his sides.

"Because I know who he is." You answered as you and Ned walked down the almost empty hallway since the school had already ended.

"That's because you're also his best friend." He shrugged.

"I know I sound selfish and cruel, but I don't want to get myself killed by being with him. Last time when we had a date, I was closer to death than I ever was before, he almost didn't save me in time. The bullet was inches away from my head, Ned. I don't think I'd want to be in that kind of situation ever again."

You shook your head sadly, feeling bad for Peter because it seemed like your reasonings weren't even strong, in fact to you, they were childish.

"Give him another chance, please Y/n." Ned begged, lightly grabbing your forearm to get your attention.

"I'll think about it." You mumbled before you walked away, leaving Ned and the school behind.

Anybody would say yes to Peter in a heart beat. You knew that you were being selfish but it was for your own safety even tho that wasn't even a good excuse.

There was a knock on your window around midnight. You knew who it was.

"Y/n." He called out quietly as soon as you opened the window.

"Peter."

"I'm sorry." He apologized whilst he gave you a look that break your heart every time. You always feel guilty for saying no. His eyes were always glistening in the light when he looked at you. You crumble every time he laid his eyes on you.

"Peter, it's okay." You whispered as you caress his cheeks with your thumbs.

"I nearly got you killed." He took your hands off his face and held them in his hands for a while.

"You did." You voice became cold, just a little.

"I'm sorry." His voice broke.

"Nothing will change so stop apologizing, plus I'm fine, I'm still alive." You said and walked away from him.

"Give me another chance. Please." He grabbed onto your right hand, turning you around so that you were facing him.

You stayed silent for a while, just thinking about the future. He could die anytime because he was Spiderman, the boy risked his life every night to keep people safe. You wanted to give in.

"One day."

The wind began to hit the bus window violently, causing your heart to beat quickly inside your chest. You almost jumped out of your seat in front of Peter and Ned.

A few screams could be heard outside the bus even when cars were passing by. There were a few car that were crashed into each other as random pieces of metal slit against the cement.

There was a space ship in the middle of the sky, flying over buildings. It spinning space ship was sucking everything that was in its way.

Know what was going on, you glanced back at Peter but he was already staring at you. You shook your head at him but he nodded.

As you guys get on the bridge, things were getting more hectic. There were more screaming people outside and more crashes. It was a good thing that the man with the grey hair and the cool personality was good at driving.

A piece of flying metal hit the side of the bus, causing a loud and sharp noise to rang through the bus. The oblivious students began to notice that something was wrong. (Note that I changed the scene a bit)

You realized that the situation is getting worse.

"Peter, you can die." You stood up from your seat and whisper as the other students including Ned looked outside.

"I do this every night, Y/n." He stood up too. "I have to." He reached down to Neds shoulder, catching the boy who loved fedora's attention. "Ned, hey, I need you to cause a distraction."

"We're all gonna die!" Ned stood up and ran to the back of the bus, along with the other students.

You went to the aisle and to where Peter was. You grabbed his both of his cheeks with your palms and connected your lips with his, thinking that it would be the last time.

He reacted quickly and wrapped his arm around your waist, leaning into you, moving his soft lips with his.

You pulled away from him first, "Be careful."

"I will." He leaned in for another kiss before he jumped out of the bus casually.

Peter had finally landed on the planet that could kill him along with Tony, another Peter and more. He glanced down at his iron suit, smiling at it happily.

You heard a whisper in your ear while you were helping your parents so that they could be safe.

"Please, I don't want to go, I don't want to go."

//