Chapter 4 | Malia's Secret

Malia's POV
I woke up at 5am because I couldn't sleep, so I went to the book room, picked out a new book, as I finished "All The Bright Places". I looked around the book shelves and ended up picking "One Of Us Is Lying". I sat down in the chair and started reading, I set a goal to get to chapter 14 before going downstairs to make breakfast.

I finished up chapter 14 in about 1 hour and a half, I placed the book back, and went down the ladder, walked across the landing, then walked down the main stairs and into the kitchen.

I started by cooking the bacon, some pieces crispy, some pieces hardly done, then I scrambled some eggs, poached some eggs, fried some eggs, made some mini pancakes and some mini waffles. I brewed some coffee and some tea. I started cleaning up the pots and pans, when I heard the pitter patter of footsteps descending down the stairs "HOLY MOTHER OF GOD, DID YOU DO THIS?" Isaac screamed I nodded and he ran up and hugged me "I love you so much" before running to the food to eat it. Everyone sat down and started eating as I continued washing all the dishes.

Once I finished cleaning and drying the dishes I heard Isaac come into the kitchen "so why aren't you eating?" He questioned "oh I ate while making the food" I replied not making eye contact, he hummed in response and walked away

Isaac's POV
"So why aren't you eating?" I asked "oh I ate while making the food" she replied, I heard her heartbeat jump as she said that, meaning she was lying, but why... I'm going to find that out.