Chapter Ten | The Princess' Birthday (pt 2)

Romeo combed his hair back,he was back in his room getting ready for the princess' birthday.Natsu,Gray,Gajeel and Jellal were with him as well,mostly just talking.Romeo had told them about Wendy being pregnant,which they responded normally with of course only Gajeel giving him death threats.Romeo ruffled his hair up and turned around to the boys.

Romeo walked over to the couch where they were casually sitting,it was almost dark outside and Romeo hadn't spoken to Wendy since she left.They talked for a while,about anything random-then it turned serious."I have some serious news"said Jellal,"We heard that at some time during the night a dark guild might try to attack,supposedly they outnumber all the guilds going.Be prepared"warned Jellal,it made Romeo think.

Romeo rubbed his hands nervously,what Jellal had told them and proceeded to tell them about had made him nervous (obviously).If this dark guild was as powerful and big as Jellal was telling him,then Romeo needed to protect Wendy.Romeo was shaken out of his thoughts,"kiddo!Whats up,you seem tense"said Natsu.Romeo rubbed his neck and looked around at them all nervously."Im just worried about Wendy,she can't fight until the baby's born"explained Romeo.

Romeo looked down,but he felt a hand placed on his shoulder."She'll be fine as long as you protect her.Remember when you saw her beaten and bloody after she got kidnapped?You almost killed half the guild"reminded Natsu,it brought the memory back.Romeo had finally found Wendy,he found her as they were going to beat her and possibly kill her.Romeo stepped in and fought half the guild out of pure anger,he had to be held back as they got Wendy and the other girls they had captured out.

Romeo was cut out of his thoughts,the door was knocked on.Natsu got up and answered the door for them,he waited to see who it was."You look like a princess,Nash!"shouted Natsu,Nashi squealed as Natsu picked her up and kissed her cheek.Natsu walked forward with Nashi on his hip.Romeo saw Natsu look fondly at her,making him a little impatient about his own child.

"Mama said that they're ready!"

Romeo got up after the others got up and locked his room,they made their way down to the lobby in silence (besides Nashi and Natsu talking).Romeo pushed in front of Gray and Jellal,expecting to see Wendy who wasn't there-none of them were.Nashi ran in front of them and pushed her hand out,signalling for them to stop."Mama!Papas here!"shouted Nashi,Romeo tapped his foot impatiently.Lucy walked out first with Levy,both equally just as pretty.Next was Juvia and Mira,then finally came Wendy.

Romeo's jaw dropped,Wendy's hair was left down but it was different.Her hair was newly cut,showing more of her neck.Romeo watched as she moved,her dress went from a dark blue to white and it trailed behind her slightly.The dress wasn't very thin or thick either,it hugged her body tightly until her hips before turning loose.The dress had two straps going across her neck that tied up at the back.Wendy looked at Romeo and blushed at his staring.Romeo walked across to her in a matter of seconds.

Romeo kissed her hard,Romeo put his hands on her waist and pulled her closer to him.Romeo felt Wendy's hands go around his neck,he pulled apart and broke out into a grin."You look amazing"said Romeo,Wendy blushed more and looked down at her hands-where a silver ring stood out."Thanks"muttered Wendy,her face was a little pink."Come on lovebirds!The carriages are here!"shouted Cana.Romeo shook his head and took Wendy's hand,he lead her too the carriages.

Romeo stepped aside for Wendy to go in first,Wendy smiled at him.Romeo went in behind her,as soon as he sat down Natsu and Lucy stepped in as well (also followed by a little Igneel and Nashi)."Sorry,the rest are full"said Lucy,Romeo waved his hand dismissively."Its fine"said Romeo,Lucy smiled at him gratefully before quickly fixing Nashis hair.Almost as soon as the carriage began moving Natsu and Nashi fell and turned pale.Wendy just leaned her head on Romeos shoulder,she kept shifting uncomfortably.