Chapter Nineteen | Photos And Answers

Im writing in first POV now 🙃

______________________________

I woke up and heard Kasais squeal,i didn't even see if Romeo was awake.I jumped up and raced to his room.On the floor were photos scattered around,yet leaning over my son was none other then the man who was supposed to be in bed."Romeo?You gave me a heart attack!"I said,Romeo looked up and he chuckled.He pointed at my hair,I blushed knowing it would be messy.

"Your hair is pink."

I looked at my hair,it was pink."What are you two doing?"I asked,Romeo grinned and held up photos in his hand.It didn't answer my question,yet I still sat down and admired the photos spilled out.Kasai walked off to grab something,I turned to Romeo."Why are you awake?Its five in the morning!"I asked,Romeo looked up from the pile of photos in his hand.

"Kasai walked downstairs while I was getting a drink,he thought I was you and then asked for medicine.He has a stomach ache."

"Oh...?What did you give him?"I asked,Romeo shrugged and looked a photo,he smiled before looking at the next."I told him to wait for you to wake up,then he asked me to tell me who the people in the photos were.Thats how we ended up like this,"said Romeo.He referred to the photos.I laughed and Kasai passed me a photo."Its me!"said Kasai,he bounced on his feet.I smiled at the photo,he was a baby.

"It is,is there anymore?"

Kasai giggles and dug back into the photos.My heart warmed up as I admired the photo,it was just after he was born.I was holding him,the camera was a close up photo of us,over my shoulder mostly.It showed my reaction and his smiling face."Thats an amazing photo,"muttered Romeo.I looked at him,while Kasai dug through the box I kissed Romeo quickly."Mama,I'm tired,"said Kasai.He rubbed his eyes and sat down on my crossed legs.He nestled his face in my chest.

I stood up with him hanging on my neck,then I walked to his bed and placed him under the covers.He started snoring quietly.I felt Romeos chin on my shoulder,"he's cute.He told me a lot of things,"said Romeo.I could feel him smirking and I smiled,I turned around and wrapped my arms around his neck."What did he tell you?"I asked,Romeo grinned and swung my legs out from underneath me.He picked me up and I bit my tongue to stop me from laughing.

I hung my arms around his neck loosely,"can we talk?About Hisao?I just...I have a lot of questions,"I said.Romeo sighed and nodded,he looked back at Kasai,then at me.He continued to carry me to our room,then he sat me down."What do you want to know?"asked Romeo.He crossed his legs and scratched his nose,I shrugged,Where was I supposed to begin?"Last night you said you know Hisao personally,how?"I asked.Romeo ran a hand through his hair,he laughed.

"It's a long story,but Hisao and I?We've known each other for years.We didn't always hate one another,he was actually one of my friends from school.But Hisao I guess you could say was jealous?I don't know,he hated that I was so involved with Fairy Tail.A lot of kids admired me for attending school and fighting in Fairy Tails battles,I wasn't popular but everyone knew me."

Romeo took a breath.He looked at me,his eyes were filled with an emotion I couldn't read.I realised it was sadness,Hisao was a great friend to him and yet he had betrayed Romeo.I never knew about their friendship either,whether or not I should be upset about how Romeo never spoke a word about this,I was unsure of.

"Hisao's jealously got worse,I became friends with you,I got powerful and I was going for the s-class trials.At the time I had no idea why,but we drifted apart I guess.We got into a fight one day,a huge fight.He was mad at me for being apart of Fairy Tail and I had no idea why,when I did...he looked me dead in the eyes and told me something I don't think I'll ever forget."

I froze,I wasn't sure what to think,or feel,or even say.I wasn't sure whether I should comfort Romeo or continue listening.I wasn't sure if I should have even asked the question.But I felt Romeos hand play with mine,the silence was almost deafening.He took a deep breath,he shivered and I realised the question I asked may have been to much."Its okay,you don't have to finish-.."I was cut off.

"I have too.He accused Fairy Tail of torturing and murdering his family.He went on about the details of how a member of Fairy Tail slaughtered his family.How the person tortured his younger sisters and his older brother.How he was the only one alive because he sat in the closet crying as he listened to his family get murdered."

"He said,the he swore on his life that he would take down every last guild.That he would torture and kill my family like his was years ago.When Hisao first arrived,I didn't realise who he was.Then we he took Sasuki and I...I knew it was him,"said Romeo.He shrugged and looked down,I looked at his eyes.I could see something in his eyes,anger,fear and sadness.

"I told him I'd rather him torture me everyday then him lay a finger on you or the guild.I know it's stupid,I'm covered in these scars for that but believe me Wendy.This isn't some stupid thing I did out of love,I did it because I knew what he would do to you.He wants to hurt the dragon slayers.He wants to murder every single one,what generation they are.It doesn't matter to him.I-I think he has a grudge against anyone who is in affiliation with Fairy Tail and the dragon slayers."

"But that means..."I trailed off.Romeo nodded,all the guilds would be in danger.My hand flew to my mouth.Romeo shuffled back then lifted up his shirt,I hadn't seen it before.A large scar cut from his chest,across his abs and to his hip.Around it were more scars,some from grazes,others burns,the rest cuts or from magical inflicted pain.I hugged him tightly."Why didn't you just fight back?Why did you just come back,let Fairy Tail help you?"I asked.I hugged him so tightly.

"I didn't want to drag them into this."

"You said so yourself,he has bases all over Ishagar.You are one human,not a thousand.You need Fairy Tails help,"I said.Romeo didn't answer.He did lay back,I listened to his heart quietly,unsure on how to process the information.I sighed,I felt Romeo play with my hair."Im sorry,that I didn't come back.Also for not telling you anything.But believe me,the power he showed you in that fight was nothing compared to his full capabilities."