Chapter Fourteen | The Mission

"Hello?"asked Wendy as she knocked on the door,in front of her was a large office where a lady with long amber hair that was pulled up into a bun sat.The office had shelves of books,most to do with magic and healing.Wendy instantly felt magic come of the woman."Come in!I assume your Wendy Marvell?"asked the lady.Wendy nodded and the lady held her hand out.

"I'm Hazel!"

Wendy shook her hand,"sit down"offered Hazel.Wendy smiled at her gratefully and took a seat next to the window where Hazel was sitting."When do the demons come?Is it a certain time or is it unexpected?"asked Wendy,Hazel went from happy to serious in a matter of seconds.She shifted and fiddled with her fingers."Once a week usually at midnight"replied Hazel.Wendy nodded and began to wonder if she had ever battled a demon who came and attacked at midnight.

"I can sense your a Mage,why can't you fight yourself?"asked Wendy,she had been curious the moment she felt the magic.Sky sighed and tucked a piece of hair behind her ear,"I'm a healer Mage,I can't fight.I use most my energy up on those who come to me"said Hazel.Wendy nodded,she tried stifling a yawn but couldn't help herself.Despite sleeping on the train she was still tired.But with a two year old who kept her busy she knew she would be tired.

"I assume your tired?Just go upstairs and down the right hallway.Go into the bedroom on the left,and please don't go into the one across from you no matter what.I have a patient who is badly wounded and sick,and I wouldn't want him to get you sick as well"informed Hazel.Wendy waved her hand,"I can heal him for you.I've healed heaps of people"insisted Wendy.Hazel shook her head.

"No,I'll come get you when dinner is ready.Right hallway upstairs,first door to the left"said Hazel.Wendy wanted to heal the man,if he was so sick shouldn't someone with the healing powers of the dragon Grandeeny herself heal them?Wendy shook her head,Hazel didn't want her to heal the man so she shouldn't disobey.Wendy opened the door to her room,only to stop to hear the sound of the man groaning.

"Fuck that hurts!"

Wendy cringed,she listened to hear anyone else."Be quite,she's here"said Hazel.How did she move so quickly?Wendy was confused,if Hazel was worried about Wendy getting annoyed at the man in pain she really wouldn't."She is?"asked the man,his voice was deep and laced slightly with both pain and excitement.Wendy knew she had heard that voice before,from when she was once fighting someone.

"Yes she is,But you can't talk to her she's here on a mission"replied Hazel.Wendy felt intrigued about the conversation,she quietly put her bag down and stood by the door.She could feel a strong aura of magic coming from the room,she was trying to think back to any battles.None came to mind.

"I want to see her"said the man,"sit back down or god help you!"yelled Hazel.The guy groaned and Wendy could imagine he was rolling his eyes.Once again he groaned in pain,"you know I don't care if she sees me"muttered the man.Wendy heard a slap,most likely to the head.The guy whined for a minute,his voice was so familiar it hurt Wendy.Wendy heard Hazel get up and walk towards the door.

Wendy quietly ran back into her room and pretended to be looking for something in her bag.Wendy heard Hazel cough,"looking for something?"asked Hazel.Wendy smiled sheepishly and looked behind Hazel,the door was left open.Hazel didn't notice the door,Wendy scratched her neck."I forgot to pack a brush"said Wendy,Wendy had forgotten her brush so it wasn't really a lie.Hazel gave her a wide grin."I'm going into town now to get some things for dinner.Ill get you one while I'm there"offered Hazel.

"Thanks"

Hazel left without another word,Wendy checked that she had walked outside before walking into the boys room.Wendy knocked on the door,"hello?"asked Wendy.The room was dark,but she could tell the walls were navy blue and the bedsheets were black.Wendy saw him quickly drink a glass of something next to him,then he sat up."Hey"said the man,he looked around Wendy's age.