Chapter Thirty | The Calm Before The Storm

I pulled my stockings on,except there was no sock like bottom."You aren't going to wear shoes?That'll hurt,"said Romeo.I shrugged,he didn't know what I knew.I didn't have to touch the ground,letting little bits of air hold me up as I ran.I looked in the mirror,my blue skirt and red top were somehow my battle outfit.It was weird,they were the least protective clothing I own yet I always felt most powerful when I wore them.Romeo came up behind me,putting his arms around my waist.The sun was barely up,I felt my eyes drooping.

"Didn't sleep?"

"After the news of the photographs..."I trailed off,Romeo sighed he nestled his head between my neck and shoulder,his breath tickling my skin.I sucked in a breath,"are you okay?"asked Romeo.I shrugged and turned around,wrapping my arms around his neck.Romeo hugged me tightly,reassuring me."I'm not sure,I just....Kasai is gone and he's hurt...we're about to fight Hisao and I don't want to lose you or Macao or anyone!And...and..."I trailed off.I felt so weak,like almost every bit of hope was drained from me.I fought against the worlds darkest wizard,and I was afraid of this battle?

Maybe it's because I have so much more to lose now

"And what?You can tell me anything,you know that."

I wanted to scream."And I'm pregnant!I think I am at least,I just have that feeling..."I confessed,the stress releasing a little.Romeo stiffened,then he relaxed,gave me a warming smile and kissed my forehead a smile still on his face."Theres nothing wrong with that,I'm glad.Do you know...boy or girl?"asked Romeo.I rolled my eyes and pulled back,I gazed into his soft fiery brown eyes that I had grown to love.My bloody relaxed more,his effect on me was incredible."You realise you can't tell the gender for a while,"I said.Romeo laughed and scratched his neck awkwardly.

"I don't know much about human anatomy..."

"I know,"I murmured.I let my hand run down his bare chest,his vest wasn't tied up yet.I felt my hand go over a new scar,one that wasn't there two years ago."Dont leave me this time,"I said.Romeo nodded,although I watched as he tried hard to swallow my words.Then,I let him go.I untangled myself from his strong arms and returned to my hair.I pulled it up to a ponytail,but it didn't suit me.I never really did,my hair was always out or in two ponytails.I huffed,pulled the hair band of my head and brushed it out again.

Romeo tied up his vest,but as he did so it was so quiet.I hated this,the part before an expected battle.We knew we were going to be hurt,that we would be injured and sore-possibly not everyone would be alive by the end.Not long after,we were walking to the guild.Alzac and Bisca were organising all the kids in a group,so they could be hiding in the caves near the beach during the battle.That was the most protective place,except if they tried hitting the guild hall-they'd have a clear shot to the kids.But apparently Evergreen had an area near a cave that was protective and out of way.

"Sabertooth is already here."

I looked up,Romeo was right.Sabertooth was mixing in with Fairy Tail,as though were were really just one big guild.Yukino began approaching us,Rhea in her arm and Sting next to her.I gave them a warm smile,"Wendy,Erza needs to speak to us dragon slayers,"said Sting.He was formal,but there was warmth behind his voice.They weren't close,but by their powers they were family.I said a quick goodbye to Romeo,who was talking to Yukino.Even though we were about to fight in a huge battle that we had been preparing for,I was oddly calm.Romeo had relaxed me.

"I'm sorry to hear about your son.Thank you for saving Rhea."

"Thank you,but Romeo saved Rhea,"I informed.Sting nodded slowly,then he let out a long sigh followed by a small laughter.He stopped,I looked at him confused."I remember seeing you for the first time,I never thought you'd grow up.But look at you,you're an adult now...with a kid and mate,another kid on the way too!Congratulations by the way,"said Sting.I gave him an even more confused look,I barely knew I was pregnant.How did he know?He laughed and rubbed my shoulder softly.

"To answer your question,I can hear it's heartbeat.Its growing oddly fast,I'd be careful in this battle."

I nodded,but Erza strolled up to us and I gave him a 'please don't say anything' look.Sting pretended to zip his lips,then Erza spoke."I want the dragon flying squad to go to the biggest fight.Sting,Rogue,I have different plans for you.I want you three to go out to the biggest fight.You'll take down more there,with the three of you they'll be out in half an hour.Laxus is going to try find the kids and lost members of the guild with Blue Pegasus,"said Erza.We all nodded at once,which at first was a little weird but I shrugged it off.I don't think Laxus was happy with Blue Pegasus helping,but then again he was probably desperate to find his only child.

"Erza!We need to go,they're here!"

I looked up to find the source of Happy's voice.He was flying above us,a panicked look spread across his face."Already?We haven't even gotten the kids to safety,"said Gajeel.Happy nodded wildly,a moment later Lily and Carla joined Happy.I turned to the boys,then felt a hand on my shoulder.I looked around and saw Romeo,he must've heard we had to go.I watched as Gajeel gave Levy a quick goodbye and then left with Lily,Natsu looked defeated,his entire family was gone.I shivered as goosebumps covered my skin.His entire family,wife and kids,brother and parents-after this they could all be gone forever.I turned to Romeo.

"Don't leave just yet,good luck and don't do anything stupid,okay?"

I nodded,kissed his cheek and turned to Carla."Lets go Carla,"I said.Carla picked me up and began flying me to the battle,in which my hair grew and it turned a vibrant pink.I felt more power flood through me,I enchanted Gajeel and Natsu so their powers were increased and their protection was higher.My heart stopped the moment I saw the marching troops,it seemed to be an endless array of black.Rows upon rows of mages covered in black,they weren't trying to hide themselves.I looked at Gajeel,whose heart was pounding.I could smell their fear and worry as the overwhelming sense of magic flooded us.

"Gajeel,Natsu!Go further up to the middle,ill get the front."

"What?Why wouldn't we stick together?"asked Natsu,I shook my head.Happy glanced back at me,so did Lily.I could see the question in their eyes 'are you sure?'.For a moment I was hesitant,so many things could go wrong.All I had to do was make one wrong move,one mistake and everything could go downhill.But we've won every battle we've fought.I nodded to the exceeds and they sped forward.Then with a confirming nod to Carla,I plunged to the ground and army below me.