Chapter Twenty Nine | Photographs and Spies

I rolled over,my chest pressing against Wendy's.I knew I should wake up,but the bed was warm and Wendy's presence made it impossible for me to leave.I opened my eyes,Wendy had one hand up by her face,covering her mouth and nose.I went to pull away from her,but she let out a muffled complaint and then shuffled closer."It's to early..."muttered Wendy.I looked at her bedside clock.

"Wendy it's nine."

Wendy bolted up,"what!"squeaked Wendy.I nodded and she glanced over at her clock.She jumped up and quickly pulled on her underwear.Wendy ran to her draws and grabbed out a bra,which she quickly put on then she pulled over a dress.I got up more slowly,sliding on a pair of black leggings and a sorta tight vest that was closed.I walked over to where Wendy was brushing her hair in the mirror.She pulled it to one side and gasped.

"Seriously?"

I looked over and laughed,"I didn't mean to do that,"I defended.She touched the purplish bruise on her neck,she turned to me and pouted.I laughed more,"I seriously didn't mean too!"I argued.Wendy sighed and used her hair to cover it.Not long after we walked out the door and too the guild,I knew there would be food at the guild."Good morning!"greeted Mira.Wendy waved and I smiled,then I felt someone put their arm around my neck.

"Morning kiddo!"

"Hey dad."

Macao stood in front of me,looking between Wendy and I."You two are late,"said Macao.Wendys ears went red,I felt her hand get slightly sweaty but she wiped it on her skirt."We stayed up late...I guess we kinda slept in,"I answered.I gave my dad a sheepish grin and scratched my neck.Macao shrugged,then he sighed."Well,four more days until we fight.Scared?"asked Macao.I shook my head,this was just another battle.We walked inside the guild,we were just patching up some areas now.

"You shouldn't be fighting though,dad.You aren't exactly as young anymore..."

"Nonsense!Makarov did it until he was in a wheelchair and even now he still comes to the guild!Until I'm like that,I'm fighting!"

I sighed,then Wendy laughed."I can see where you get your stubbornness from,Romeo,"said Wendy.I rolled my eyes,but Macao joined in on her laughter.Then he wiped his eyes and grinned,"his mother was more stubborn!She refused to get checked by a doctor when she was pregnant with Romeo,saying it was just a stomach bug!"said Macao.I turned to Wendy with a know-it-all look.

"Uh,sounds familiar.Doesnt it?"

Wendy rolled her eyes this time,then she was almost tackled by kids."Wendy!Romeo!We're ready for our training!"yelled Sylvia,clearly excited.Rosemary and Rin followed by more slowly,laughing at their excited friends."Hey guys-..."I was cut off by a tap to my shoulder.I was a bit popular today wasn't I?I turned around,Natsu stood there with a serious expression.

"We need to talk."

I walked away from Wendy and the kids with Natsu."What is it?"I asked.Natsu ran a hand through his hair,then he looked over at Wendy and then back to me.He seemed nervous,god couldn't he just spit it out?"Hisao...Hisao has Lucy with Kasai,"said Natsu.I froze,my heart seemed to stop beating for a second.Wasnt that a good thing?

"But that's good,someone's there with Kasai.Whats the problem?"

Natsu sighed,he pulled out a photo.I didn't want to look at it,I knew what it was.But I tore my eyes away from Natsu gaze,then looked at the photograph.Lucy was chained to the wall,wearing a simple white dress that was almost a rag.She wasn't conscious.Blood stained her dress,bruises were all over her body.Blood poured out of grazes and scratches.Then beside her was Kasai.It was as clear as day.He was crying,clearly terrified.

"No..."

Blood was all over Kasai.I felt fire flood through my veins.Kasai was two and they hurt him!My hand was shaking,"why...why are you showing me this?"I asked.Natsu sighed and flipped the photo around.I saw the writing,next and cursive.I didn't want to read it,mainly because it was red like blood.Then I smelt the metallic smell.It was blood.I shivered and read the passage.

Does this cell look familiar?Its yours Romeo...your girlfriend first,then you and now your son and his auntie.Tsk,tsk,tsk....you are a terrible person aren't you?This is your fault.Give up now,surrender.Surrender and we will hand them over.Don't surrender and we will kill them.

"Fuck!"

Natsu nodded,"you just need to remember where their base is and maybe we'll find them-..."I cut Natsu off by simply shaking my head.The question seemed to fill their air,but neither of us dared to speak."Why can't you go back to their base?"asked Natsu.I sighed and ran a hand through my hair,ruffling up and making it messy."Because they teleport all over Ishagar,their main and biggest base I mean.When we found Wendy it's because of my empathy link with her,"I explained.

"So you could tell when she was nearby?"

I nodded,"show that image to Erza.We have to make contact with Hisao somehow,if we win then we get our members back and everyone is released.But I don't know how,"I said.I thought for a moment,my memories drew to a blank when it came to any way of contacting Hisao."The spies!"exclaimed Natsu.I titled my head,there were spies?How come I had never know or heard of them?

"Right.After you disappeared we had a note saying in every guild there was one spy.Akko knows who they are.Afterall,Akko was a spy himself.Some people think he still is.Hell,if it wasn't for Akko Nashi wouldn't have been taken."

Akko?I hadn't spoken to him ever since I disappeared,was he even a member of Fairy Tail still?I looked around,then spotted him helping build the guild.Close by,Wendy talked to the kids who were waiting for me.I ignored Wendy's questioning gaze as I stormed over to him,I grabbed his shirt and pushed him against the wall."Are you a spy?"I asked,Akko had his arms up as he tried to push me off but I was stronger."What are you talking about?"asked Akko.

"Don't act dumb!I know you're a spy for Hisao!Wheres their base!"

Akko rolled his eyes,"I don't know!"yelled Akko.I felt fire flood through my veins,couldn't he see that Hisao was a monster and that he was working for him?"What do you mean you don't know?You're a spy!"I yelled,I pushed him harder against the wall.I heard the guild members around me try to get me to back off."So what?I worked for him but I had no control over it!Why else do you think I did what I did to Wendy!"yelled Akko.I pulled back,what was he talking about?

"God you're that dumb?My eyes changed colour whenever he controlled me.I never remembered anything I did during that time.I can't tell you where his base is so back off!"

I loosened my grip,grabbed the photo and showed him."You see that?Do you see Lucy covered in wounds?Do you see that a two year old is covered in blood!Thats my son that's hurt because of you!"I yelled.Natsu pulled me off of Akko and Wendy walked over to me carefully.She reached out to look at the photo but I shook my head,"show me Romeo..."whispered Wendy.Her eyes were pleading and regretfully I showed her.She let out a painful chock.Natsu moved towards her but I was quicker.

"I-I...."

Wendy shook her head,she held her hand over her mouth and ran towards the spare room.I went to go after her but Carla looked at me with sympathy,"sorry Romeo.I'll go after her,"said Carla.I nodded and then exceed flew into the spare room after her.I heard muffled cries of pain and I cringed.Why did I show her the photo?I felt someone tug on my shirt,I turned around to see Asuka looking up at me.Why did she look so alike to me?If I had a daughter would she look like that?

"Romeo?Why's Wendy upset?"

I kneeled down so I matched her height,then fixed her hat."She got some bad news,I think we should leave her alone,"I said.Asuka nodded and I walked over to where Wendy had disappeared,I turned the corner to see Wendy on her knees shaking."Take deep breaths,"instructed Carla.Wendy took a few shaky breaths and I kneeled down next to her."I'll leave you two alone,"said Carla.Wendy nodded and I put my hand on her shoulder.

"I didn't want to show you...I'm sorry,I said he wouldn't get hurt.I know I did,I swear this wasn't supposed to happen.Hisao was never supposed to hurt him."

"How do you know that?"

I took a breath,"Hisao told me he wouldn't hurt Kasai.I shouldn't have believed him,"I said.Wendy nodded slowly,comprehending my words.Then she wrapped her arms around my torso."I can't lose him,we have to give everything to get him back,"said Wendy.I nodded and then Wendy put her hand on her stomach,she frowned."Have you got cramps?"I asked,she shook her head."Never mind,"said Wendy quickly.

"Come on,we better be to training."